cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting voicemail without listening to it?

DarkKnight
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was curious if there is a way to delete voicemail without having to listen to the message.

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Martin good suggestion, for anyone that is able to get into their voicemail setup (and doesn't want to receive any new voicemails).  But the specific scenario is that the person can't get into voicemail as they don't have a talk plan and you have to call in from your mobile number the first time to get into voicemail set up.  I believe. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hello,

If you don't want messages left in voicemail, enable your extended greeting, which does not include a beep at the end, which makes leaving a message impossible.

I know that the voicemail system is undergoing changes. According to the "old" system, the above was correct.

FYI.

Hi @terrilin,

New, unheard messages are deleted after 10 days. Equally, saved messages are deleted after the same number of days, unless saved for another 10 days, ad infinitum.

I hope that this has answered your question.

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @terrilin, I have the same issue as @DarkKnight, I subsribe for the data only service on the phone.  I received a voicemail icon, but have no way to remove it.  I am not interested in the voicemail itself, but just want to get rid of the icon.  I know that there is a way to remove that in Android, but the way is not permanent.  I tried to call from landline, but the voicemail is actually not setup, so I cannot access the voicemail at all.

terrilin

Agree with @imm1304, you still need to access your voicemail to delete it. Out of curiousity, if I have never listened to my voice messages, would they be kept forever?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The only way I know is to press 7 right at the start of the message and it will get deleted.  

DarkKnight

I was curious if there is a way to delete voicemail without having to listen to the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.