Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting my account

sunglee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I delete my community account?

28 REPLIES 28

@walker1 

I am only seeking clarification.....normally an Oracle will make a highlighted edit to the solution post with an explanation...something along the lines of:

At this time it is not known if community account deletion is a possible action that can be taken by a CSA. Removing or replacing any personal info in the community profile and account abandonment may be the easiest course of action for the customer.

@J_PM 

Maybe you can answer the OP's question and settle the debate. The community is only as good as the information we provide.

@walker1    For the record, I have no problem with the solution Luddite has picked, but it would be nice to know if an community account has been deleted by customer request either by OP or in the past.

@darlicious 

In the choose solution, the OP did say contact a CSA or just abandon the account.   There's nothing wrong with the selection of that solution. So why drag it on and thru the mud.  What's the big deal. Really.  It's not life or death 😉

@Luddite  & @darlicious    I was also under the impression (after reading earlier posts from other oracles) that the community account cannot be deleted but only abandoned. 

I certainly hope that it can be deleted, after all, why not?   But it would be nice to have some sort of an official confirmation that, in fact, that has been done if requested by a customer.

@Luddite 

Lol....and millions of children believe in Santa Claus so it is possible that he does exist and he lives at the North Pole with his elves, Rudolf and and all the other reindeer.

Given the criticism I was given for merely suggesting that there was a remote possibility of a CSA accommodating a number transfer between an OP's accounts (which was granted) is it the responsible action to award a solution to the suggestion of contacting customer support when there is no compelling evidence that this is even possible and all information so far supports the very opposite?

As George Costanza explained his ability to pass a lie detector test..."Jerry it's not a lie if you believe it."

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinion whether that should be presented as fact...?

@darlicious  I believe deletion is possible.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@walker1 

Yes I just wanted some clarification from Luddite. Without an edit note to your solution it implies that the OP's solution is either contact customer support to delete it or abandon it. Khoros could answer whether the software allows this option and if it can be enabled for use by pm.

Since the spammer accounts still exist I think it's safe to assume that if that's an option then pm does not currently have the ability to use it. Thats my take on it anyways.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@walker1 : A solution chosen by Luddite would imply correctness without saying anything.

But maybe he was using the second part of your post. Sometimes he'll highlight a part of a post or add a comment in it.

Don't think he said that any where in this thread. Unless I missed it. I'd like to know too.  tips

@Luddite 

Are you confirming that the CSA's can delete a community account? That's news to me if that's the case.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sunglee wrote:

@sunglee  Your username is not telling of who you are. So no harm in abandoning this account.

Go to your "My Settings" directly to the left of your Avatar (your icon of the bicycle) top, right of the community page.

There you can change your email, or change other settings that you can basically remove all communications coming to you via email if you wish.

@sunglee 

Are you asking because you keep getting inundated with emails from the community? You can go into your community profile's settings and tick the box that says "unsubscribe from all community emails".

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr wrote:

@XionBunny wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@sunglee wrote:

@sunglee      Sorry, but apparently there is no way to delete your Community account.  As suggested earlier just remove any valid email and any other personal information saved in your account by clicking your avatar>settings etc.  

The only way to have the community account closed is by contacting the customer agents directly to have them manually do it, I'm sure they could manually disable accounts when asked.

@XionBunny    Perhaps CSA's have the ability to manually disable the community accounts but IIRC I have read previously (by one o two oracles) that there is no way to close these accounts but they can be just abandoned instead.  I would think if that's the case then best to remove any personal information first just in case.

Unless you are speaking from personal experience?

I've never felt the need to so no, no personal experience in this instance, cause I usually just come back here, like I did this month as a customer, though now I personally plan to stick around for the foreseeable.

@sunglee 

You can't. Nor can the CSA's. They can be permanently banned. You can also have your IP address banned/blocked. The only ones who can answer your question either way would be khoros.

@XionBunny wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@sunglee wrote:

@sunglee      Sorry, but apparently there is no way to delete your Community account.  As suggested earlier just remove any valid email and any other personal information saved in your account by clicking your avatar>settings etc.  

The only way to have the community account closed is by contacting the customer agents directly to have them manually do it, I'm sure they could manually disable accounts when asked.

@XionBunny    Perhaps CSA's have the ability to manually disable the community accounts but IIRC I have read previously (by one o two oracles) that there is no way to close these accounts but they can be just abandoned instead.  I would think if that's the case then best to remove any personal information first just in case.

Unless you are speaking from personal experience?

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@softech wrote:

@sunglee   First thing, I would disable Autopay and remove the credit card

Then, if you are porting out your number, make sure you account is still active and just request port out on the new provider.  Once number is successfully ported, the account will be closed and you won't be able to login to My Account anymore

if you are really cancelling without porting, then account will be suspended at the end of the current cycle when PM not receive a payment.  90 days later, account will be permanently closed and your number will be returned back to the provider

Hey!!!!!!  You don’t have an auto pay set up for a COMMUNITY ACCOUNT. Nor can you port out from your Community account. Read the OP....original post. Or did you use the incorrect cut/copy  and paste?

yes, my bad..  and I crossed out the wrong answer

but do I use a lot of copy and paste?   Check my history and you make the judgement

XionBunny

@dabr wrote:

@sunglee wrote:

XionBunny

@walker1 wrote:

@XionBunny 

I agree 👍 with what you said but what other general activities  bump up your counts?  You must be talking about number of solutions or bravos, I guess. No?

Yup, but some don't understand post counts aren't a huge part of it, it's all activity in general, getting solutions accepted only gets your help recognized.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sunglee wrote:

@XionBunny 

I agree 👍 with what you said but what other general activities  bump up your counts?  You must be talking about number of solutions or bravos, I guess. No?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@sunglee wrote:

Contact a CSA. 

OR

Make a huge password that you won’t remember and change password. But forgot password will get you back in. 

OR

Make up a new Gmail address (or another) and change your email address on your  COMMUNITY account. Then delete that newly created email address. 

CAUTION. 

If you want to earn rewards then your email in the Community has to be same email that you use to log into your My Account. 

Also if you have any problems you need a community account to allow you to PM back and forth with a CSA. 

XionBunny

@walker1 wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

That's their style of confirming what the OP said and really meant.   lol

Highly doubt that just posts to get an advantage more like, when as I said, doesn't mean anything.

@CountyDownIeUk 

That's their style of confirming what the OP said and really meant.   lol

XionBunny

@walker1 wrote:

The OP is asking about community account not selfservice account. Just saying in case it wasn't clear 😉

@sunglee 

You'll have to use the chat bubble at the page bottom of bottom right corner to get help with that or just not use the account and abandon it.

it seems there are a few people here that just copy-paste a script to get post counts and never really pay attention to the real issue a customer may have, the funny thing I noticed is post counts generally mean very little when getting discounts, and its more your general activity.

@softech wrote:

Then, if you are porting out your number, make sure you account is still active and just request port out on the new provider.  Once number is successfully ported, the account will be closed and you won't be able to login to My Account anymore

if you are really cancelling without porting, then account will be suspended at the end of the current cycle when PM not receive a payment.  90 days later, account will be permanently closed and your number will be returned back to the provider

Hey!!!!!!  You don’t have an auto pay set up for a COMMUNITY ACCOUNT. Nor can you port out from your Community account. Read the OP....original post. Or did you use the incorrect cut/copy  and paste?

The OP is asking about community account not selfservice account. Just saying in case it wasn't clear 😉

@sunglee 

You'll have to use the chat bubble at the page bottom of bottom right corner to get help with that from a CSA or just not use the account and abandon it.

There's nothing wrong in doing that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunglee 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

softech
Oracle
Oracle

sorry, it is for community account.   😥   There are some good answers below

Need Help? Let's chat.