cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting an account before getting started

NinaL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went through the steps of getting a SIM card for PM and porting my number. When I called my present carrier to confirm that my phone was unlocked their retention department unexpectedly improved their original retention offer to me by 50%.  So, I am wanting to immediately cancel my request to port my phone number to PM and I must cancel my account  but I don't see how to do that.  I have already removed my credit card  from auto-pay and I requested a PM telephone number to avoid having my cell number ported which was my original request. I don't know if I was successful in getting one of your phone numbers. Please  @Moderator_Team can you help? I know that this must be the most unusual request but my present carrier is giving me an offer that is too good to refuse. Thanks, NinaL

15 REPLIES 15

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am quick question on stuck ports say from fido

If I call from a Telus/Koodo/pm line to say a number that is stuck, will that call  go to the fido sim or the pm sim?  

mimmo, if I am understanding you correctly if you call a number that is being ported from Fido that is stuck mid port the call would still go to the FIDO sim.  Well that seems to be what happens is that the PM sim can make calls and send texts but can't receive as they go to teh old sim until the port is complete.

ETA: @will13am got more again.  I am not sure what would happen if the call originated from a Telus/Koodo/PM line

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@NinaL wrote:

Thank you for your response. I originally requested for my present cell number to be ported but then I saw that there was a possibility of requesting a number change.  I did that but I am not sure if I was successful at securing a PM telephone number and if I did I am still not sure if that would stop the porting request.  It's a mess but who knows.  I think I need to sit back, get some sleep and ride this out.

During the activation process you get to select either of choose new number or transfer number.  You cannot select both.  If you changed your mind and proceed with getting a new number then your account should have a new number upon activation.  That said, you could have gone back into the account after activation and submit a port.  In that case, it is probably in progress.  Ports are done in a couple of hours.  Run your old service and if it stops, your port is complete. 

You are going to have to figure out what you did.  You have access to the self serve account.  You can check it.  If you have moved the number here, you can move it back. 

@mimmo wrote:

If I call from a Telus/Koodo/pm line to say a number that is stuck, will that call  go to the fido sim or the pm sim?  

This is a tough one to answer.  I hope I don't get foot in mouth disease on this one.  I have never experienced a stuck port ever.  Based on feedback from this forum, it seems like what happens is when you submit a port from say Fido to Public Mobile, on this end, the system assigns that number to the receiving account ahead of number release from Fido.  So customers that are within the Telus family will be interacting with this account as if the port is successful.  For those outside of the Telus family, their database still sees the number with Fido and so call route to Fido. 

What I have just described is one possible outcome with ports being stuck at a certain point.  There have been customer who complain that with stuck port, their service is stuck also.  In that case, the Telus servers are not even able to assign the number port on their end. 

NinaL

Thank you for your response. I originally requested for my present cell number to be ported but then I saw that there was a possibility of requesting a number change.  I did that but I am not sure if I was successful at securing a PM telephone number and if I did I am still not sure if that would stop the porting request.  It's a mess but who knows.  I think I need to sit back, get some sleep and ride this out.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

NinaL

Thank you for your help, Robert.  I truly appreciate amy and all communication. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait...we can get Bravo's for walls of words? 🙂

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@NinaL wrote:

I went through the steps of getting a SIM card for PM and porting my number. When I called my present carrier to confirm that my phone was unlocked their retention department unexpectedly improved their original retention offer to me by 50%.  So, I am wanting to immediately cancel my request to port my phone number to PM and I must cancel my account  but I don't see how to do that.  I have already removed my credit card  from auto-pay and I requested a PM telephone number to avoid having my cell number ported which was my original request. I don't know if I was successful in getting one of your phone numbers. Please  @Moderator_Team can you help? I know that this must be the most unusual request but my present carrier is giving me an offer that is too good to refuse. Thanks, NinaL

You are right. That is definitly not a typical request! We community helpers are other customers trying to help out with no system access and only a moderator will be able to access your specific account information and make any changes. Click this to send them a message

When interacting with the moderator team, it is important to identify yourself with account PIN code, phone number / account number and provide as much information as possible so that the moderator team can do it without having to ask for further information.  Each interaction causes further delays to problem resolution. 

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Saturday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT). It typically should be within 48 hours.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Sorry Robert I was going to give you a bravo for the wall of words.  But since you suggested contacting the moderator team needlessly, I took it back.  They are too busy these days to work on cases that they don't need to be involved in. 

Yes your suggestion is much better.

@RobertQc wrote:

@NinaL wrote:

You are right. That is definitly not a typical request! We community helpers are other customers trying to help out with no system access and only a moderator will be able to access your specific account information and make any changes. Click this to send them a message

When interacting with the moderator team, it is important to identify yourself with account PIN code, phone number / account number and provide as much information as possible so that the moderator team can do it without having to ask for further information.  Each interaction causes further delays to problem resolution. 

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Saturday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT). It typically should be within 48 hours.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Sorry Robert I was going to give you a bravo for the wall of words.  But since you suggested contacting the moderator team needlessly, I took it back.  They are too busy these days to work on cases that they don't need to be involved in. 

@RobertQc wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@NinaLif you ported while activating you should be able to do a number change, which i think would cancel your port.  

Is there a chance he could lose his number all together if he does that?

NO, nobody loses a number.  Worse case, port back. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@NinaL, if you put in a request to port and unless the port is stuck, the number will port.  You will find out soon enough.  Just look into the account and you should see your number there.  Put the SIM card into the phone, you will see your number there.  As for deleting the account, it will auto delete after 90 days of suspension.  As long as the credit card is removed, there is nothing else to be concerned about.  Just let time do its thing. 

With respect to going back to the original carrier, you are going to have to get them to reopen a new account for you as the old one will have closed on the port.  That should not be a problem as they are willing to give you a retention offer anyway.  To move your number back, simply submit a port from Public Mobile back to your original carrier.  No need to bother with the moderator team.  Going back to the stuck port.  If that did happen, the number is still with the original carrier as if you never left. 

Is it possible for a worst case situation... if your account is closed at your current provider because the port goes through, if they want to keep you, would they make you the same offer to port back to them in a few days if PM canno't get back to you in time to cancel the port?  Might want to call your current provider to see if thats an option.

@mimmo wrote:

@NinaLif you ported while activating you should be able to do a number change, which i think would cancel your port.  

Is there a chance he could lose his number all together if he does that?

@will13am wrote:

NO, nobody loses a number.  Worse case, port back. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire
@will13am wrote:

@NinaL, if you put in a request to port and unless the port is stuck, the number will port.  You will find out soon enough.  Just look into the account and you should see your number there.  Put the SIM card into the phone, you will see your number there.  As for deleting the account, it will auto delete after 90 days of suspension.  As long as the credit card is removed, there is nothing else to be concerned about.  Just let time do its thing. 

With respect to going back to the original carrier, you are going to have to get them to reopen a new account for you as the old one will have closed on the port.  That should not be a problem as they are willing to give you a retention offer anyway.  To move your number back, simply submit a port from Public Mobile back to your original carrier.  No need to bother with the moderator team.  Going back to the stuck port.  If that did happen, the number is still with the original carrier as if you never left. 

@will13amhas a better idea

Need Help? Let's chat.