cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Messages.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This afternoon at 12:44 I got 4 Text Messages from two individuals (Two Messages Each), and it was confusing because these Messages didn't line up with the previous conversation nor make any sense at all...

Upon asking these senders to check on they're end, they say they never texted me today, and these are Messages that they sent to me on December 8th... it shows sent and delivered on the 8th on they're phone, however they never came through to me until this afternoon..

Stranger yet, I got multiple notifications of 'Failed to Send this Message' today around the same time, which we're Messages that I sent out on the 8th, and now they're coming back as not sent...

Both the people who messaged me, and myself are all using Public Mobile. I use a Samsung but I keep RCS Chats off all the time to prevent issues like this, so this is regular MMS Messaging that's now malfunctioning. 

Anyone else experiencing this oddity today?

4 REPLIES 4

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Priority 

I just did some testing myself and didn't notice any real delays. Went from PM to Telus from Telus back to PM. PM to TN from TN to PM. All smooth within a second or so. 

Wondering, is this the number/account that....   ummm....  took a vacation East. 🙂 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Priority , lately I’ve had delayed text messages (sms) that I haven’t received until several hours later when sent to me & also phone calls that I never received but they went to my voicemail! The last few days the signal has dropped down to 1 bar or none! It usually only does that when I am right in town or in stores but it is usually good at home but not the last few days! No idea how many missed calls or texts! It is not storming here so thats not it & no outages in my area!

Mine is an iPhone which shouldn’t matter! I have done nothing different. I always reboot my iPhone weekly & sometimes reset network settings! I have even turned on airplane mode & back off.

Edit: To add, there’s no Telus towers here. Just Bell & Rogers!

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Priority  " MMS Messaging that's now malfunctioning".  Could data have been turned off, since MMS needs cellular data?   Or do you mean SMS?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Priority  I haven’t myself or I don’t think it has at least . But that’s interesting . Makes one wonder how much it actually happens and we are just none the wiser 

Need Help? Let's chat.