cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 14 still with porting issue.

nicole233
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Emailed the pm support team and still waiting for the porting issue solution. The response is supposed to be sent within 48 hours. I have no idea what's next I should expect.

Oh and yesterday I got the bill from my previous provider fido. Really regret to transfer to pm. How could pm swallow my $120 and let me wait for such a long time with the porting. The whole process should not be completed at the beginning with the porting issue before I paid anything to pm!
17 REPLIES 17

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Any update @nicole233

nicole233

nicole233

@Shazia_K Shazia, I have sent you private message. 

aphantom

@Shazia_K

Hi,

Please kindly reply to my PM sent on 11/28 regarding changing my start date to when I finally started to receive the full service I paid for. 

I was not offered this when you thankfully completed my port or given any credit.

Thanks.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @nicole233

I'm sorry to hear about this!

Can you please send me a private message with your: 

-Public Mobile SIM card #

-The phone # you are porting

-Account # with your old provider

Please let me know when you have sent it to me. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Your in her thread you idiot lol Shaz should respond soon, I've tagged her above. She's been doing an amazing job this week.

Things are starting to look much better around here lately. Still LOTS of work to do.

nyall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@nicole233 wrote:
I sent all of the necessary information (SIM card number, fido acct number etc) to the support email on Nov 20. Got nothing back except my fido bill. 😞

Open a thread, detail your problem, call them out on their joke of a support system. 

The mods will reply to you in hours if not minutes. 

nicole233
I sent all of the necessary information (SIM card number, fido acct number etc) to the support email on Nov 20. Got nothing back except my fido bill. 😞

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K could you please help our friend here. I'm sure she would really appreciate it 🙂

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@nicole233 wrote:
It was the continuous bill. Just like the normal bill I got every month.

Without knowing more, that would mean the number was never ported which means you still have a valid Fido account.

You say you had a "porting issue". What was the nature of the issue? It would seem that nothing got moved (which I also assume means that your PM number might be in service, meaning you currently have 2 mobile services running).

I assume you have tried to port your Fido number from your account "Transfer a wireless number" service and had a problem.  There might be value in trying now if you have al your required information (IMEI, Fido account number, name on the account etc...)

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-move-my-cell-phone-number-to-...

• Be sure to click the "I am authorized" radio button
  • Be sure to include the name on the Fido account exactly as it is shown on the account
  • Double and triple check that your IMEI is correct
  • People have reported that using Chrome can cause refresh issues. Be sure not to get anxious and refresh or click back or resubmit or whatever

nicole233
It was the continuous bill. Just like the normal bill I got every month.

Rockdaddy22
I reread it and I guess you're right. I'm still pretty sure it was the normal bill, but it wouldn't be the first time I was very wrong lol

RLBL

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I assume it wasn't ported if the sim still works. That's why they sent a bill

If it was a service bill, you would be correct. But it is unclear which is why I asked.  I am getting another bill from Koodo because it was a post paid account with an outstanding tab on it.

My question was to ascertain if they still have a Fido plan, or if their number was ported out and not ported in properly

Rockdaddy22
I assume it wasn't ported if the sim still works. That's why they sent a bill

RLBL

@nicole233 wrote:
Emailed the pm support team and still waiting for the porting issue solution. The response is supposed to be sent within 48 hours. I have no idea what's next I should expect.

Oh and yesterday I got the bill from my previous provider fido. Really regret to transfer to pm. How could pm swallow my $120 and let me wait for such a long time with the porting. The whole process should not be completed at the beginning with the porting issue before I paid anything to pm!

What is the nature of the bill:

Final bill with any outstanding charges (i.e. your number was ported out)

Continued bill for a new month of service (i.e. your number was never ported)

Rockdaddy22
Did you email 14days ago?

Rockdaddy22
They'll credit you for the unused time, don't stress. Yeah it sucks, but once they contact you it should be an easy fix.
When you send a message INCLUDE
Fido account number
Sim number
Phone number you want to port
Full name
Need Help? Let's chat.