cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Laurenlulu2015
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I keep my data down so I don’t run out ?

5 REPLIES 5

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Laurenlulu2015 

I would keep my mobile data turned off unless if I really need it like when wi-fi is not available. I would use wi-fi as much as possible - there are a lot of places now that gives you access to free wifi so I would definitely maximize on that. You can also enable data saver if you have something like that (this helps reduce the amount of data used with apps that are running in the background.) Another thing that helps for me is setting a data warning - this function will depend on the type of phone you have. It pretty much notifies you once you reach a certain MB that you set specifically. My plan includes 2GB of data so I've set my data warning at 1.5GB. My phone also has the function where once the data limit has been reached (in my case, 2GB), mobile data will automatically be turned off.

Hope this helps!

Brittanie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you must use data, dont watch videos - thats going to eat up your data faster.

Turn off autoplay on facebook/reddit etc so those videos dont start and eat data.

Turn off mobile data in settings unless youre using it on purpose , so you dont accidently use data if your wifi connections drops etc.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Laurenlulu2015 wrote:

How can I keep my data down so I don’t run out ?

@Laurenlulu2015 Go into your phone's settings for cellular service; turn off every app you don't absolutely need when away from wifi.

For better directions, what is make/model of your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Use Wi-Fi when ever it is available.  Turn off auto updates for apps.  Set download updates only while on wifi.  Make sure to not stream any music or movies.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Adjust your settings so software updates, etc are only on wifi.

Turn off wifi + or wifi assist which automatically switches to data if wifi signal is weak or having issues.

Go into developer options and turn off mobile data always on if you have it.

Turn off background data in each app you have. Set what apps can only work on WiFi and not data.

If you use Google maps.. download offline maps and set it to wifi only. You'll still get turn by turn directions but not real time traffic.

Or simply turn off data and only turn it on when you need it or when you want to send / receive an MMS.

Need Help? Let's chat.