cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Kh69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi does the data shut of once you use all your data or will it go over and charge you big time?

7 REPLIES 7

@Kh69 wrote:

I have a iPhone 8 works great so far

Just letting you know it isn't cool to mark your own post as a solution to your quesiton when it doesn't answer your question at all.  I have removed it from being the solution.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Kh69

I have a iPhone 8 works great so far

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 you forgot one,

4) you can change to a different in market plan with more data. (If it occurs frequently)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Kh69 wrote:

Hi does the data shut of once you use all your data or will it go over and charge you big time?

As stated it turns off and you will no longer have access to data.  If this happens to you there are a few options you have:

1. you can go the remainder of your plan using wifi only
  2. you can purchase a data addon to get you to your renewal date (any unused data from the addon rolls over until you need it again.  Could be a month could be a year but it doesn't expire until fully consumed.)
  3. you can renew your plan early and start your data all over again.( To do this you need to have the appropriate funds in your available funds and contact the moderators to renew your plan early for you)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Kh69

Thanks

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Kh69 wrote:

It just shuts off; no overage charges ever at PM. There is one odd thing though: once data is all used your self serve account shows no data plan at all under Data & Add-ons.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Kh69 wrote:

@Kh69Nope you cant go over. This is the beauty of a pre-paid service. There are no overages because you only get what you paid for. Once you run out of data you no longer have data. If you don't have a "long distance" plan (anything outside your province / city / canada wide, canada-us, etc) plan you canno't call long distance. Its a standard warning for everyone. The system also warns you when you get close to running out of data with text messages.

There are never any extra charges ever.

If you need to add extra minutes because you used yours up

Or if you need more data because yours is gone
Or you need to call usa because you don't have canada-us you can do it in self serve or dial 611 to make a payment then add an add-on

Once you use up all your data it wont show on the OVERVIEW Page (when you first sign into self-serve), then it has been used up for your current cycle. Conventional thinking would suggest that the system display the data still showing 100% consumption. but the self serve is programmed to remove reference to data when it is all used up. 

You will also get a text message warning at 75% usage and 95% data usage

Need Help? Let's chat.