cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

AngelaSears
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is my data not working when I’m not near wifi ? 

9 REPLIES 9

@AngelaSears wrote:

I’ve been a customer of Public Mobile for over 10 years. I can call but not text or go on the internet.  The internet bars when not in wifi area was not showing very strong, only 2 bars. 

@AngelaSears 

Thanks for the information. 

You may want to try the following:

Reboot your phone. 

Network reset of phone (note - this will erase any saved Wifi settings). 

You could also try your PM SIM card in another working phone. This will help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem. 

AngelaSears

Thank you I have tried turning Airplane mode on and off and now phone. I will look into the rest though. Thanks for the suggestions and help. 

Last thing I can suggest is to sign into your account to check the status. 

If you have and it's show all good and nothing turned off I'm settings, then message cs agent below. Maybe account needs to be troubleshooting. 

You can also turn on and off airplane mode.  Restart phone to see if helps.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

AngelaSears

I’ve been a customer of Public Mobile for over 10 years. I can call but not text or go on the internet.  The internet bars when not in wifi area was not showing very strong, only 2 bars. 

AngelaSears

Everything is turned on, I pay in advance every 3 months. 

Ok is your aaccout active? When was rhe last time you paid?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@AngelaSears 

More details would be helpful.  Community members are customers like yourself.  We can offer troubleshooting advice, but don't have direct access to your account. 

New customer versus old?

Active versus suspended account?

What about talk, text?  

Did data work before?

AngelaSears

What all can I check on my settings ? I have never had this problem ever before. I can’t even send a text! 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Check that your data is turned on. Ensure you haven't used up all your data. Check the settings on your phone that something is not tuned off.

Need Help? Let's chat.