cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Markdeboer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How does my 1Gb of data go by so fast when I hardly ever used. Only sent a few Snaps on snapchat and it's already done. All answers are very much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

Bigjay83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Markdeboer I would check your phone to see if you any apps running in the background that could be using your data. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Markdeboer , the only way you can find out exactly where the data is used up is to inspect the per app usage stats on your phone.  Public Mobile only meters the total usage and has no information on how the data is used up.  Recognize that everything is more content rich these days and images are larger in size, so net activity uses more data than days gone by.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Markdeboer  Even on wifi if you have wifi assist on it will use up your plan data also . So make sure wifi assist is off also when at home  on wifi 

add if on iPhone go to settings >cellular and scroll to bottom of page and toggle off wifi assist @Markdeboer 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What's the quality level of those snaps? Are you auto-syncing to a cloud? Are many other apps making use of cell data in the background?
You could also send them when on wifi.

Need Help? Let's chat.