cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Mouonlight
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent for the last two months my data has not been working. All my bills are up to date.

30 REPLIES 30

So settings, general, VPN & device management, VPN - does it say not connected? And if you click through are there any VPN things in there or is it just add VPN configuration showing? If there are any things under there then can you remove them?

Mouonlight

Yes it has VPN configuration but not on. Looking into it Thank you

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there, @Mouonlight.

Thank you for taking the time to share this.

We're really sorry to know about the Data issues on your cellphone device.

We kindly invite you to submit a private ticket so one of our Customer Support Agents can provide you further assistance.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Best regards,

Public Mobile Team.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mouonlight 

When many iPhone users were reporting this issue after the first week or so of February it was @Coreyb  who created this thread with the fix just follow the instructions and click the to download the correct the pm carrier profile.

You probably updated your iOS around the second or third week of february and thats when you ran into this issue.

Fix for iOS 15.4 (19E5209h) Data issue - Community
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Fix-for-iOS-15-4-19E5209h-Data-issue/td-p...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Doubtful since you say you know very little about technology but does the phone have a VPN configured in it and on?

@Mouonlight 

For most issue that voice works but just not data, it is usually a APN or Carrier profile misconfiguration.

I was thinking it might be device issue because it could be a Carrier profile problem.  When iOS 15.4.1 beta was having issue, the Carrier profile was the cause of it   (voice work , just not data).  So, the situation looks similar. 

Think of the ways to connect to the internet. Cell data is one way. Wifi is another. Cable connection to a router is yet another. And cable connection to a network (usually connected to a router).

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mouonlight - have you confirmed that the data line is showing in your overview section of your self serve account. Should look something like pictured below.

If the line does exist, that I suspect this is a device issue.

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

It has been suggested a few times already, but have your tried your SIM into another compatible phone to see if data works then?

If data still does not work, then YES submit a ticket with CSA.

If data does work in another phone, than perhaps that version is the issue.

Mouonlight
  • Question, if it’s a device issue why does wifi work but not data. Excuse my ignorance lol I know very little about technology 

@Mouonlight wrote:

I’m not sure if it is beta or not

@Mouonlight 

Settings > General > Profile..

If it says public beta then your running the public beta an if not then your not.

Mouonlight

Thank you!

Mouonlight

Thank you I did. Yes I’ve been too busy to deal with it lol 

Mouonlight

I’m not sure if it is beta or not

@Mouonlight   honest, that look more like a device issue than an account issue  But no harm to open ticket with PM and have them check.  To open ticket:

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

But , try to reset the network once as well.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

(please note this also resets Wi-Fi networks/passwords,)

Also, try to change the Preferred Network Type to 3G Only  and see if it helps

And , the best check to see if it is an account or device issue is to try your PM SIM on another phone

Mouonlight

Thank you I tried that. No cigarillo.

Mouonlight

Okay thank you. The bot wasn’t helpful. And for whatever reason when I typed cs_agent in send to box it wouldn’t recognize it.

@Mouonlight   that is not beta 15.4.1, right?  just want to confirm, the couple 15.4 beta version has problem with Data

Definitely open a ticket and/or send a private message to CS_Agent. 2 months is way too long to go without, especially if you tried all the suggested troubleshooting steps already

@Mouonlight wrote:

Yes voice calls are working. iOS 15.4.1

carrier profile public mobile 50.0

Thanks for the help tho

Can you try your sim in another unlocked phone to see if data works?

Mouonlight

Yes voice calls are working. iOS 15.4.1

carrier profile public mobile 50.0

Thanks for the help tho

@Mouonlight wrote:
  • An iPhone X.
    I talked to the bot about apn settings and in put what it suggested.
  • I tried resetting.
  • Data was working on this device, now it’s not. 
  • Thank you

@Mouonlight  and your voice calls are working?

What iOS version do you have? Check it , and update to the latest stable version

What Carrier profile you have ?  Update it to the latest one

Mouonlight
  • An iPhone X.
    I talked to the bot about apn settings and in put what it suggested.
  • I tried resetting.
  • Data was working on this device, now it’s not. 
  • Thank you

@Mouonlight - you do not tag CS_Agent here though.

You can submit a ticket in two ways in that link I provided in my first post. Click on it see how you get along.

@Mouonlight   

is yours an iPhone or Andrdoid?

if iPhone, update the Carrier Profile

If Android, check the APN settings, start with this:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type:GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

@Mouonlight wrote:

It said online you can tag an agent. I tried to send an email but it won’t recognize agent address. Yes I tried all those things. One day it was working the next it was not. I have data. Bill is paid. 

There are 2 options below to try and contact an agent.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Mouonlight

It said online you can tag an agent. I tried to send an email but it won’t recognize agent address. Yes I tried all those things. One day it was working the next it was not. I have data. Bill is paid. 

Mouonlight

Yes I have. My data just stopped working two months ago.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mouonlight   What kind of phone do you have?

did you try to put your SIM in another phone to test it out?  It sounds like a device issue 

Try to run a Network Reset.  If still fail, please post your APN settings on your phone, maybe one or two entries was wrong

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mouonlight you are not communicating with CSA here.

Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, are reached by two methods found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Are all your calling and texting features working okay?

Is your data option turned on in the settings of your device?

Things to try:

*restarting your phone

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Mouonlight 

Have you tried to reset your network settings? How about your apn settings?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=Apn

Have you checked in self service under My Data & Add-Ons to see if you have data left?

Need Help? Let's chat.