cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

AyaHassan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it worth it to buy 200mb of add-on data for $15 on my $15 plan that already has 250mb. Or upgrade to 1G for $25

8 REPLIES 8

Typhon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If occasionally before renewal you need just a bit more data it's definitely worth only paying $5 extra.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AyaHassan 

It depends on how much data you use per month. If you are a light data user, you can stick the the $15 plan and buy extra data when you need it but be warned that 200mb add-on will expire after 30 days.

Look at your data history and see what the average data usage. If 75% of the time is over the allotted data, you should switch to the $25 plan. If 25% or less, just stick to the $15 plan. 

Pingu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you tried looking at how much you use? If you need help with that, just drop whether you use Android or iPhone 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes, the new 30 day limit requires a different add-on strategy. I would start with the 200mb. If that gets used up before the renewal then I would buy another. You just need to be a lot more aware of your usage. If you run out of the 250mb and it's many days to your next renewal and you think you might use more than think about whether the 200mb or the 1 gb or the 3gb will do it. But yes, if you don't run out of plan data after the next renewal then you waste what you didn't use. So that's why I would buy the 200mb each time. Hop from one to the next. Would you use 600mb in that gap to equal the cost of the 1gb. If you're on the 250mb plan then probably not.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AyaHassan 

once you successfully buy the in-Canada Data add-on...it's only valid for 30 days from date of purchase. If you don't use it all before your regular plan data gets renewed...you could end up never using the rest of the data add-on, as your plan data will be loaded again. If you do use more data than the $15 plan has, I'd suggest you upgrade to a plan that better suites your needs. There's some competitively priced plans on the menu now.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'd recommend the $39 • 20GB Promotion Plan, however if you only need 1GB or less per month than the $25 Plan is better on the wallet and suitable for your needs. 🙂 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@AyaHassan 

remember data now has an expiry of 30 days. So, you don't buy unless you need it , you ran out of data

To me, I think it is better to pay $25 for 1GB if you constantly overusing the data

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AyaHassan  Only you know the answer to that . If you find 250mb not enough and have to buy expiring .30 day data add on each month then yes I think it’s worth it to go for $25 plan and then if you need more then that 1GB each month go for then20GB for $39 plan 

Adding and be sure to change plan on renewal and not immediately or you lose money in your current cycle @AyaHassan 

Need Help? Let's chat.