cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

sillk1996
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I  have only used 215 MB of my data and iam getting notification and warning that i have reached my capacity. can not use my mobile data at all. what is the problem?

7 REPLIES 7

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sillk1996 :Did you login to self serve see how much data you got left? Follow up on this thread you created and let us know if you figured out what problem is.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sillk1996 wrote:

I  have only used 215 MB of my data and iam getting notification and warning that i have reached my capacity. can not use my mobile data at all. what is the problem?

@sillk1996 

Public Mobile will send you a text message when you've used 75% and 95% of the data included in your plan (including any addon also).

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

But you said you cannot use any data at all?

If your data line item does not show on your Overview on your Self Serve account then you used it all up. You will get it all back once your plan renews. Or buy an addon (or renew your plan early) if you need to.

If your Overview IS showing your data line item then try some trouble-shooting:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sillk1996 

It is only a warning so you can continue to use your data but suggest you use wifi as much as possible if you are not near your 30 cycle period.

Log into account and check My Data & Add-ones>View My Usage to see how much data you have left and when you were using your data.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sillk1996 

If you are on the $15 Canada wide plan or the new $20 province-wide plan, you only get 250 megabytes of data and it's possible you may be at that limit.

Look in your self serve to see if your "Data and add-ons" section shows a data line entry - if there isn't one, it's all used up.

If you need additional data, and you're not close to your renewal date, you can add a $15 1-Gigabyte add-on

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account and check under usage history.  Make sure you disable auto updates for data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sillk1996 : The overview page counter is the one to look at. If you don't see mention of data in your My Data & Add-ons then you've used it all.

If you're looking at your phone counter then they usually only run for a month. This is 30 days. So you need to re-synch it each term.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@sillk1996  What plan are you on?  Can you check your Self-Serve account and see what is shown there?

you might want to screenshot your usage and post here (remove the personal info)

There seems to be couple complains about this issue last day or two.

Need Help? Let's chat.