cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Pstone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m trying to keep track of my data usage (eg such as using google maps), how quickly is this updated in my self service account.

5 REPLIES 5

Pstone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the google map tips!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Pstone  The data counter gets updated immediately. If you want to see how much data an app uses just go into your device's data usage system setting.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Pstone  to add.

In Google maps click your badge top right.

Then you'll see offline maps

Screenshot_20201112_214209.jpg

In offline maps select your area then download it. Now you have the map so it does not need to use your data. You can download multiple maps.

Screenshot_20201112_214121.jpg

Then go back to your badge top right then into settings and set it to wifi only.

Screenshot_20201112_214435.jpg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes within minutes sometimes it may take longer however my question is. Why are you using your data for Google maps?

You can open Google maps and then download "offline maps" of your area or province that will save to google maps

Then set Google maps to wifi only.

You'll still be able to use Google maps with turn by turn directions with offline maps. The only thing you will not get is real time traffic which uses your data. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Pstone wrote:

I’m trying to keep track of my data usage (eg such as using google maps), how quickly is this updated in my self service account.

Have a look at this thread. Debatable?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/data-usage-update/td-p/476056/page/2

Need Help? Let's chat.