cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Denise123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! My plan renewed in aug 15th and it says I have used all 5 G of my data already. I don’t think this is possible? I looked up and added up my data usage and it adds up to 1569 mb?  How can I find out why they think I used all of the 5G? Or get it corrected? 

15 REPLIES 15

@Denise123 

i hear you,, but how can you proof it's one app can be run all your data for one day. no one can check your device what it's run programs on it if your all apps it's on background it's will be you don't know using all your data ... but you have to check it out which app it's run your data.

go to your setting and mobile data usage  and see which app run more and do something in your app maybe it's autoplay vidoe, to you go to setting app to turn off. you know.

@Denise123 are you on Android or iOS?  Best way to track is to use your phones tracker if you are on Android 

You can also download the Usage history  and examine the usage carefully 

Go through your usage details in the account from your last renewal and add up all the numbers of MB's used. That will tell you where the system thinks you're at. Apps can go rogue, the OS could update on data, apps can update on data.

Denise123

That is the issue.  It says I have no data left and I can't see how I used 5g in 15 days  I think it is incorrect   how do I get that looked at?  I am using a different wifi for this tablet I am on right now

@Denise123 

you use Chrome from browser tablet ok then go view in desktop mode.

1. Tap on the menu options.
  2. Select the checkbox against the Desktop site.
  3. and clear cache and cookies and use one page incognito.

here photo  View Desktop Site.  is will be wroks jus fine.

so the data on tablet is working,, or you have phone and tablet and you do switch your SIM card to on both right.

and if your phone device not working data tried to reset network and > APN Settings

and turn off and turn on. 

if you don't know how to do it,, what the brand and model will provide you in photos or video..

you are sure you have data left in your account.if you not have it then buy it Add-ons or waiting until next cycle... and for those message you get it just ignore them reading and delete..

and check your device been turn off background data for all apps. to save your data..

@Denise123 if you see it showing you maxed out your data, then the text you got was correct. 

Now, you can see if your phone can tell you what app used your data. 

If you are on Android, the data usage page will show you how much data you used and which app used most.  Make sure you update the cycle start date there to match your PM cycle start date

But if you are on iOS, it does not have the feature for you to trace your data after 

Denise123

I also just signed in with incognito and it still shows all used   how do I get that reviewed to make sure it is Correct?

@Denise123- As mentioned earlier, did you click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down? Maybe you'll get different numbers. Maybe you have a rogue app hauling down your data. Are these texts from 611?

Denise123

I am on my tablet now on chrome , I have cleared the cash etc still says I am maxed , data on phone doesn't work anymore , sorry I am not the most technical smart person 

@Denise123 the website data you see could be cached.  Try login  again using Incognito mode or a different browser like Edge/Firefox/Chrome  for up to date info

Denise123

I got a text message from public mobile saying I am now at 100% and my data is now off how do I dispute this?

Denise123

Hi, I got a text message saying I am now at 100 % and my data doesn't work anymore. When I go to the website it says I have 1.28g left  but I still don't know how I did that much.  I just use Facebook and not alot 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Denise123 

maybe it is just a glitch in the system there is a new design ,and just use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode, or safari on private mode,To Login Page

in main page click the little circular arrow icon in the bottom right corner to updated.

or call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN and check it out data usage.

you will see it a different..

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Denise123 hi what you see in your self serve may be a cached version of you data , clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser in secret or incognito mode , reboot your device and sign back into your account and see if it updates 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Denise123 

With this new site, you likely still reading off the cached version, so the usage you got was not up to date

Try to login My Account using Incognito mode (or InPrivate for Edge, Private for Safari)  or try again with a  completely different browser like Edge/Firefox/Chrome.  You should then see the latest usage from the server

Also, if you are on an Android phone, you can check your usage from your phone's Mobile data usage page.  Just make sure you change the cycle start date to match your PM's cycle start date, (15th in your case)

E-MobileData.png

Need Help? Let's chat.