cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

henry_anumudu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys,

for the very first time I noticed I completely used up my monthly data of 5GB. I still have couple days for my auto renewal plan.

Honestly these two days effective May 2 will be like 2 years without data when I am at my work place.

What is the solution to this? 

12 REPLIES 12

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@14ALL41 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@BEER   Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I thought perhaps OP was saying that the add-on data price (not their plan) is equivalent to 1% of their bi-weekly pay which would make their annual salary quite a bit less than six figures.

I guess you are guessing right.

Canada data add-on is $15=1GB. That is 1% of byweekly $1500. Yearly comes to $39K net. Gross could be around 55K?

Still data add-on is luxury unless you make big bucks using 1GB.

We are misunderstanding each other but no big deal ------   my calculations were in haste with figures  based on the $40 plan that includes 5GB of data with auto-pay. 

BEER

A 1GB data plan will allow you to browse the internet for around 12 hours, to stream 200 songs and to sent almost unlimited emails and texts. What eats up Data is downloading movies and watching video clips etc. Not sure but think one full featured movie could easily eat up 2 GB data.   1 GB data is enough for me because I only use data when I'm out and about and want to email - check pricing - use Apple Pay, make Amazon purchases  etc. I use WIFI to ---For example over WIFI downloaded the entire season 5 - 10 episodes of "you better call Saul". -- and then I can watch it on my phone or what I do is streamed it to watch on my TV.

@computergeek541 wrote:

It's very easy to go over 5GB in 30 days without watching any videos.

With all those ads and other multimedia crap Web pages have 5GB is nothing. I just went to see weather - 23 ads blocked....

14ALL41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dabr wrote:

@BEER   Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I thought perhaps OP was saying that the add-on data price (not their plan) is equivalent to 1% of their bi-weekly pay which would make their annual salary quite a bit less than six figures.

I guess you are guessing right.

Canada data add-on is $15=1GB. That is 1% of byweekly $1500. Yearly comes to $39K net. Gross could be around 55K?

Still data add-on is luxury unless you make big bucks using 1GB.

@BEER wrote:

In order to have gone through 5 GB of data you must have used it watching movies and several video clips. If not then there must have been some glitch and suggest that you contact customer support agent.

However since the $40 plan amounts to 1% of your bi-weekly income ( more then $100,000/year) you may be able to lose a couple of days plan payment.

It's very easy to go over 5GB in 30 days without watching any videos. Websites have become increasingly content rich and there are many activities that use larger amounts of data without requiring the customer to be streaming video.  Even simple web browsing could get someone over 5GB, never mind app updates, OS update downloads, e-mail attachments, file downloads, cloud photo backups, map navigation downloads, app background use, streaming music, internet calls, etc.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I'm guessing you are on the. Old rewards program then. The new one would allow you to buy the 1 GB for $10 worth of points 

BEER

In order to have gone through 5 GB of data you must have used it watching movies and several video clips. If not then there must have been some glitch and suggest that you contact customer support agent.

However since the $40 plan amounts to 1% of your bi-weekly income ( more then $100,000/year) you may be able to lose a couple of days plan payment.

I am wondering will agent be able to early renew his plan?

@henry_anumudu   why don't you ask agent? You have nothing to lose as you already used all data and you will just shift your renewal date 2 days ahead.

- Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with CSA). Click Chatbot - Ticket and type ticket, then click on Contact Us, then click on issue you inquire about. Link for creating ticket will be presented. It ticketing does not work very fist time do the below.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

In either case watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@henry_anumudu   

I think early renewal might be good for you, you will have your cycle starts 2 days earlier for you without paying extra out of your pocket. 

and Yes, the 4th option would be "Wifi is your friend" LoL

henry_anumudu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The add on cost is expensive to me. That sounds like eating up 1% of my my biweekly income. The other options sounds good but I may have to wait till the renewal date which is May 3. Thank you.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@henry_anumudu   You have 3 options:

1.  You can buy 1GB Add-on to use for these 2 days for $15 (or $5 for 200Mb but not a lot).  Easy and fast , a bit costly
    If you got the add-on and not finished before May 2, no worry, the unused add-on will stay in your account and will roll over to next month.  It can then be used if you run into the same situation next month.

2.  You can message PM Support and have them to do an early renewal for you to make a new cycle starts today.  You will have to wait an hour or two for PM Support reply your ticket.   To save time and allow PM support to action immediately after validating your identity, load enough fund into your account first

3.  you can manually make a Change Plan request on your My Account to change to a different plan from your current one.  Either a higher or lower plan and just not your current one.  Remember to click Change Plan Now to make it happens now.   (Look like you have $40 plan for 5GB now, you can change to $35 or $50) 
    Easier and fastest but you will might want to change your plan back to your current plan later, unless you want to stay with your current plan
Need Help? Let's chat.