cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage - used all but now some left in same cycle??

csarling
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

usage history.pngnew plan usage and add ons.png

Hello all-

Monday i received a text says I used all of (100%)  my data. Yesterday afternoon, I went and purchased an add-on of 1 GB. Then I received another text last night saying I had used 95% of my data. I went and checked my account details after, it showed I had only used 1.25 GB OF MY REGULAR DATA and still had 1.75 GB left. Also, the 1 GB of add-on data I paid for (and my credit card has been charged) is not currently showing up in my add-ons. At 6:00 a.m. this morning it was still showing that I had 1.75 GB left, but when I got to work it had changed to only .74 GB remaining (although I was on wifi at home and usage history does not support the change in data amount). So

1) why is the data usage so flakey and what can I actually trust to be correct?

2) Pretty darn sure I didn't use a whole GB of data after purchasing my add-on data yesterday, so where the heck is it?

and not so related but still an annoyance 

3) any ideas why my iPhone would be using data at 4:53 and 5:17 a.m. - I'm at home still asleep and have Wi-Fi. Not sure how/where to look to find this out. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I love the price of the services but I can't keep purchasing add-ons every few months when this happens because something seems off. 

2 REPLIES 2

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It is difficult to trust the site these days. It was a terrible roll out of a new system.

Click on that little spinner refresh button lower down in your plan usage box. There's one under the add-ons as well on the right. Although you got to work and saw your image.

Were these texts from 611?

The time stamps of data in the details have never been observed as valid.

Look in your payment history for the line about having bought the data add-on. The fact that you don't see the data under add-ons is likely because you used it all. Set your phone data date to August 1st to see what your phone thinks it used.

Turn off wifi assist.

Turn off cellular data when not needed.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@csarling hi those messages are sometimes sent out in error check to see if the funds for your add on are still sitting in your avaliable funds ,firsrt clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser in private or incognito mode,reboot your computer,as for your iphone using data while you were on wifi,that is only a buffer that usually disapears after awhile if the issue doesn't clear up after you did all that than contact a cs rep ,

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.