cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage text

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got a text from PM saying I have used 75% of my data so I signed in to my account to check. It first said I had used 11.8G of my 20. That is not 75% ,  So I clicked the refresh button and it changed to 12.1g used that still is not 75% .  I checked my phone usage just now and it says I have used 12.2 ( I didn't come here immediately) but that is still not 75%. Is PM sending out warning texts erroneously?  Or do I need to worry that PM will say I've used all my data (early) when I haven't actually used it.

Update: The counter on my PM account page  says 2.27 and on my phone it says 2.26  (61% of the limit I set) so they are very close. And neither is 75%

11 REPLIES 11

J-L

@darlicious  I agree1000% ! Why are they constantly changing things that don't need to be changed? Just focus on fixing things that really are "broke" It's like a make work program to make sure there is enough work to maintain their jobs. And why when we sign in now, do we have to watch a "cute squirrel" 🙄 or "guy giving us flowers" for sooooooo long before any real info (usage updates) shows on screen, which is then not up to date anyway. oh, maybe they are "sorry" flowers... Sorry we messed up so much again! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Maybe we could just go back to the old self serve accounts. Every time Public Mobile tries to make something better it just gets worse..... If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

the refresh spinner is a great idea and I'm sure the site is meant to refresh the page when first viewed. I'm suspecting that particular code is causing the website to not refresh. it's broke, i agree the easiest fix would be to correct the wording. incognito isn't needed. it's just a basic answer the community uses

@J-L- I would say it shouldn't be doing this ridiculous caching to begin with. And then it says it was "Updated a few seconds ago". Liars!

If you wish to see a new update like you just made a call on a limited minute plan or data usage then you should only need to use the standard browser refresh. Live polling updates would be cool but this place??....

J-L

@dust2dust  yes I'm glad I found that too. That's how I got it to change from 11 to 12.... I would have thought that when you log in new,  the usage notice would be the updated amount. If we have to click the update button ourselves it should be more noticable and made clear that we have to update it ourselves. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately there has been wildly inconsistent and incorrect usage numbers since the new self serve and once you combine that with the fact PM has been sending those 75% messages out in error at times way before, makes for a frustrating combo, and while I was hoping they could fix these glitches, doesn't seem to be the case anytime soon if at all.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Or click the little spinner refresh icons lower down. I have had success using those.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J-L    Because you're not viewing a cached site since incognito doesn't save cookies.

J-L

@dabr 

Thanks for the incognito advice. Just curious why is best to log in incognito?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J-L     Nothing for you to worry about, unfortunately, since PM updated the self serve account, it's been having all sorts of caching issues.  It's best to clear the cache/cookies and use incognito/privacy mode before logging into your account. 

edit:  I believe those texts are being sent out in error too and quite a few other customers have reported receiving them.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do not worry about SMS from PM regarding data usage. Always check your account (after refreshing or using different browser).

Need Help? Let's chat.