cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage / limit error

RosieBeeee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account says I've got 3GB of data per month but when I view my data usage on my phone it says that I've used 1.81 / 2 GB, suggesting I only have 2GB instead of 3GB as it should be. How can I fix this? Will I get cut off when I reach 2GB? Help with this would be much appreciated as I have an important call that I need the data for tomorrow!

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RosieBeeee wrote:

My account says I've got 3GB of data per month but when I view my data usage on my phone it says that I've used 1.81 / 2 GB, suggesting I only have 2GB instead of 3GB as it should be. How can I fix this? Will I get cut off when I reach 2GB? Help with this would be much appreciated as I have an important call that I need the data for tomorrow!

@RosieBeeee 

Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly). So if you do not adjust your phone settings each time your plan renews, as well as removing or increasing the data limit on your device, than install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track. 

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The default is usually 2GB for your phone, you can change it yourself to the 3GB

@RosieBeeee wrote:

This isn't a service issue, but a device settings issue.  It sounds as if you have a limit set on your device to only allow you to use a certain amount before giving you warning or stopping your data services.  This is also likely set to be on a monthly basis even though you probably have one of Public Mobile's 30-day plans.  The amount of data reamining as stated as within your Self Serve account is what you should be going by. To ensure that you can use all of the data that you've paid for, turn off any data limit as set on your device.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RosieBeeee 

Only you can set the data limit on your phone. Change it to 3GB if you want oit to match the plan data in your account.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Need Help? Let's chat.