cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage in the US

aakhtar98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the US-Canada package with 60GB. I came to the US today and my data stopped working. I also got a message that said I had to pay extra for roaming. My package had 60GB data in both countries with unlimited messages and calls. Do I just turn on roaming so I can use the data part of my package or will I have to pay extra?

3 REPLIES 3

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aakhtar98 - If your plan says "Data within Canada and the US" it should work, so please follow these instructions:

• Use T-Mobile on 4G / LTE and sometimes 5G. Also AT&T on LTE.
  • Enable data roaming
  • If that does not work, resetting network settings may.

Also that is a normal SMS sent to all when they roam in the USA. No worries to buy a USA roaming package.

If nothing, please contact CS_Agent:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1714960190095.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @aakhtar98 

Just go into your network settings and turn off automatic and pick T-Mobile then reboot. You should be up and running!! Also yes, turn on data roaming. Remember, Public Mobile is PREPAID... meaning you've already paid for the service. No hidden or extra fees.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@aakhtar98 

yes, you need to turn on Mobile roaming data on your phone

also, make sure you connected to T-Mobile or AT&T.  You can try manual connection and test both networks and see which one works.  And best to change your network mode to 4G or LTE and not 5G

Need Help? Let's chat.