cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage discrepancies

Jasonv93
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve been running out of data quickly and couldn’t figure out why. Reset my phone on first day of cycle. Now my cycle is over. My phone reports only 409MB for the month. My public mobile account says 663MB. That’s quite the difference that forces me to pay for more usage. Why is this?  Will public mobile credit me?

9 REPLIES 9

@Jasonv93 

every customers account resets at 12:00am ET. 

for example my account resets at 9:00pm the previous day because I'm in the PT time zone. I personally don't use my mobile data anytime after 9:00pm on renewal day. then when I reset my data counter (Android) the next day, the data is in sync with the PM data counter. 

@Jasonv93 

I can't explain.  I have to say my person experience is that PM tracking are mostly accurate.  It could be off by 10 or 20 Mb due to some data buffer, but shouldn't be 200Mb difference

I suggest you to start comparing it daily and maybe you get a closer reading next cycle

Jasonv93

iPhone 

@Jasonv93 

are you using iPhone? or Android?

Jasonv93

I’ve been following the cycle for a while. I reset it the exact day. Check on the exact end day. 

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Never go by what your phone says. the PM web site is the true running count on data used. What plan are you on? Since PM is prepaid you will not receive any credit.

Jasonv93

Yup. Been following it for a few months and the exact date the cycle started I reset the phone. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jasonv93 

PM is running on the 30 days cycle and not monthly, so PM's cycle start date will change.  Did you reset it on the first day of the current PM cycle?

and you are using iPhone?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jasonv93 

I would suggest that PM's data counters are accurate.

Your device data counter would need to be reset at the moment PM's data is reset to be close to 100% accurate.

Remember, not calendar months, but 30-day rotating cycles which fluctuate every other month given the number of months with 31 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.