cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data stopped working fully on my phone suddenly

Darrenm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not sure what to do here. My daughters phone shows connected to data, but 100% does not transfer any data. She cannot connect to the internet at all. Her plan shows using no data as well. The phone is in great shape and works perfectly on Wi-Fi.

Public Mobile, what can I do?

10 REPLIES 10

@Darrenm 

If you change your daughters settings to send SMS/MMS rather than just iMessage no data will be used from her plan to send messages. MMS only requires mobile data to be toggled on. MMS uses data from a separate server that does not count against plan data. @CountyDownIeUk  can show you the correct settings for an iPhone.

Darrenm

The APN setting was isp.mb.com but apparently it should be sp.mb.com. 

This was the issue! Thank you for the suggestion to look there.

Darrenm

Ah, yes, maybe something is screwed up with her APN setting. I'll check that now!

Darrenm

Not expired. Not fully consumed. No account warnings.

Good question, and the first thing I checked on her account as well.

Darrenm

The account shows a small usage of data for the month but its mostly unused. The strange part is the account shows some usage, very minimal, but everywhere she goes in South Surrey there is no data connection for iMessage. 

It is the 3G data that I know is slow, but this is zero text messages getting through until she connects to wi-fi.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Darrenm 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,history data usage,

if you see data has left then your data usage all,

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

or you can try to do some troubleshoot your device

Spoiler

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

or if you want to Purchase Add-Ons Data

Spoiler

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

Follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’,
  5. after purchase successful you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

@Darrenm 

Check the settings on the phone. The data limiter may have been reached and need to be reset.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Darrenm 

Has data work before on her phone?  Which model?

Check her self service account to make sure that the data counter is shown on your overview page.  If you don't see the counter, that might mean she ran out of data this cycle.

If data has never worked, you may want to screenshot the APN settings on the phone.  There might be some errors in the APN setting that is preventing data usage.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Darrenm wrote:

I am not sure what to do here. My daughters phone shows connected to data, but 100% does not transfer any data. She cannot connect to the internet at all. Her plan shows using no data as well. The phone is in great shape and works perfectly on Wi-Fi.

Public Mobile, what can I do?

@Darrenm    You'll need to log into her account and check to see if the data line still appears under My Data&Add-ons on the overview page, because if it's missing then the data has been consumed already.  Then there's always the option to add more data at $15/1GB or $5/200MB which doesn't expire until completely consumed.

BTW did she receive the text from PM's 4911 shortcode and responded with a YES to get the free holiday gifts of 2GB data + 500 LD international mins?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into her account and check under data and add-ons.  If no data is showing then it has been used up.  If she needs more data then a data add-on could be purchased.

1 GB Data $15
200 MB Data $10

Need Help? Let's chat.