cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data speed

Fishere35
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day. We made the switch over and it was pretty painless. 
Noticed a significant drop in data speed as compared to Koodo. Are the public mobile speeds throttled back from Koodo?  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@Fishere35   Try both on 4G/LTE at the same time.  Sometimes that signal can be stronger than 5G.  My iPhone is on 5G auto and still chooses LTE most of the time.

Fishere35

 The phone on the left is public and the right is   Koodo. Today the speeds were pretty similar. The Koodo is still on 4g 

IMG_0406.jpeg

hi @Fishere35 

can you download speed test on both phone and compare the speed.  Let us know the actual speed

Fishere35

we are still using Iphone 11 (two phones).  i had changed my koodo plan to a CAN/USA plan and 5G speed and saw an increase in speed on the phone.  i changed that phone to the PublicMobile plan, but the other phone is still on koodo- waiting to change over.  i quickly checked both phones this morning and the koodo phone had much faster speeds with both phones sidebyside.  i will try again over the weekend but wanted to learn a bit first.  thank you for all the comments!!  enjoy the weekend. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Fishere35   I get speeds up to the advertised plan maximums although it varies a bit depending on where I am.   So unless Koodo allows higher than 250Mbps on 5G then at least here it isn't throttled back any more than it should be as allowed by the plan.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fishere35 

Is your phone set on 5G in the data settings?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Fishere35  No you should still get the same speeds as Koodo with public mobile 

Need Help? Let's chat.