cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming in US not working

EmilieFish
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, wondering if anyone else had this problem and was able to solve it. 
I have travelled to the US using my plan that includes US Data. 
I was able to connect to the network no issues and it shows I have manually selected T-Mobile and LTE as recommended online. I have tried restarting my phone and resetting my network settings but my data is still not working. Any suggestions? It shows I’m connected but I can’t seem to use it. SMS working fine. 

10 REPLIES 10

mattintech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The suggestion support will give you is to change your network selection to manual and select T-Mobile.  That worked for me...

i have been to the US several times in the last few weeks.   If my devices (iPhone or Android) roam on T-Mobile using public mobile - everything is fine.  If they roam to Verizon or AT&T data doesn't seem to work and I have to manually switch.

Seems like that workaround doesn't work for you.  I would suggest logging a support ticket.

Kay1961
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my Friend who is also a public mobile customer, just got back from US and had no issues.

EmilieFish

Data roaming was toggled on. 

EmilieFish

The solution was not the wifi. The solution was the carrier update which I needed a wifi connection to complete. 

Stonechucker1

I'm sorry but I don't think you've resolved your issue by connecting to Wi-Fi. To make sure the roaming data is available to you did you check to make sure you have allowed data while roaming in your settings? It's kind of hidden and you will probably have a warning, saying are you sure you wish to do this.

Good 

@EmilieFish  Getting access to US roaming is usually a hit and miss and requires a lot of troubleshooting sometimes.

The only thing else I could suggest is turning airplane mode on and off then restart again.

EmilieFish

I resolved this by connecting to a wifi network and going forward with a carrier update!

EmilieFish

Yes to all of the above and still no dice. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@EmilieFish  will it allow you to put your phone to 4G/LTE and connect AT&T? 

Is your roaming on.

Can you make calls?

Need Help? Let's chat.