cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data quota did not reset on this cycle

Lisa0211
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hoping someone from PM will reach out to correct this issue. My data usage did not reset to zero at the beginning of this billing cycle, and now I'm stuck with no data. Please get this issue resolved asap. Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

HI @Lisa0211   Video is a killer.. LoL  🙂

Yes, as suggested above, $39 plan is the Best Bang for Your Buck at the moment if you need more data

Lisa0211

It was a video streaming app that I used to watch some live church services... 

@Lisa0211 still many days left in your current cycle. 

best to ask for early renewal, help from PM support, or you can do a manual plan change to a plan with more data. $39 plan is a good one

HI @Lisa0211   so which app used most the data?

@Lisa0211  Then if you don’t already know there’s a 20GB plan for $39 you can change to for next renewal be $1 cheaper and give you 5GB more assuming your in the 15GB for $40 now 

Lisa0211

🙈you're right. I didn't realize I was using so much data. Figured out what my problem is. It's not a PM issue, its an issue of me not realizing how much data I'm burning through. Thanks.

@Lisa0211 on your device, goto mobile data page, change the billing start date to may 22 and it will tell you how much data used and which app used how much.  You can tell if you really used up the monthly data, likely yes

E-MobileData.png

Lisa0211

no, no data limits set on my phone

Lisa0211

May 22. Samsung Galaxy S20

@Lisa0211  Do you have a data limit set on your phone 

@Lisa0211 when was the beginning of the cycle?

what phone you have? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lisa0211 

With this new site, you likely still reading off the cached version, so the usage you got was not up to date

An easy way is to click the Spinner on the bottom right of the section to force a refresh.

If you don't see an updated usage still, try to login My Account using Incognito mode (or InPrivate for Edge, Private for Safari) or try again with a completely different browser like Edge/Firefox/Chrome or try on another device.  You should then see the latest info from the server.

Lisa0211

already tried this, but it doesn't fix problem. Data is turned on in my phone, and status bar shows LTE, but I am locked out of using data. There's a message on my phone that says "sign in to public mobile", and when I do, a website from public mobile appears saying that my data plan is exhausted, and I need to buy more data. However, I know that my data usage was almost exhausted, and my billing cycle renewed on May 22, but the data counter did not reset to 0, but kept climbing to my 15GB limit, and now I'm locked out of any data usage on my phone

HI @Dunkman   I was hoping the new site will correct the problem.  I guess not  😞

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lisa0211 

The website has caching issues. Showing inaccurate, old information.

You may want to refresh the page. Might want to try to login with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  That would show the most up to date data usage. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lisa0211  most reset issue was just because you are checking a old cached page locally.

Please login My Account again using Incognito/Private/Secret mode, you should see the correct counter then

if still not, open ticket with CS agent using message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lisa0211  Try this first 

simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1685300599866.png

For most up to date account info

also ensure data is turned on , on your phone and that your account is active 

add if you need support for anything else here’s the link 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.