cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data plan not getting updated

ascwin01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had the 25 dollar plan for the past 6 months or so my data has nver gotten updated.What should i do? One more question if I upgrade my plan and get  the 2gb bonus is that for every single month 2gb bonus or just for the first month?

25 REPLIES 25

@ascwin01  most carriers are like this, they only give goodies to new subscribers and not for existing.

If you are really planning to move out and move back in, you might want to check with local kiosks as they likely willing to give you the SIM for free if you activate with them (But... when you come back to PM, some PM promotions are online activation only and instore won't apply, so, you might want to get the SIM from Amazon for $5 or try to ask the kiosk to sell you one)

You asked for how to contact mod earlier, here you are if still need it:

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ascwin01 : You buy a SIM from another provider, activate it on a plan, port out your number, everything here stops with no pro-rating or refunds, buy another PM SIM, activate it with whatever promo, port back your number.

You lose any Available Funds, acquired loyalty time, referrals, your referrer would lose you, any remaining value of the features and the SIM is killed.

I couldn't resist a 5gb one-time add-on promo a couple years ago. I started a whole other account. With all the gifts, I still haven't finished that first 5gb. I call it my data account. I'm a rather low usage user. I have a dual-SIM phone to do this.

ascwin01

How does the port out work? I'm ok with losing my loyalty, I want to have the same number when it comes back and while my new sim gets delivered does my old sim stop working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ascwin01 : There's a $70 plan that's kind of a promo. It's quite recent.

Anyway...click on the cartoon quote lower right and muddle your way through the stupid chatbot to get to Submit ticket. Use simple keywords.

If you counted up all the data usage as suggested and it's not around 1GB then you absolutely have that problem.

ascwin01

- Ya a lot of the other companies like Rogers, Virgin and Koodo that my friends who are existing customers always get special promos on top of their plan they can upgrade to. If they can't fix this probably just going to change to one of those companies. 

- How do I even get into contact with a moderator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ascwin01 : These promos have never been for existing accounts (note the keyword). Do other providers put promos on like that for existing customers? And as mentioned existing customers have enjoyed receiving free gifts on occasion. You can always start a new activation or port out and back but you'd lose your loyalty reward.

So did you add it all up?

A while ago, there were spurious reports of the data not getting properly reset at renewal. You would need the moderators to straighten that all out. But you need to prove it first.

ascwin01

- Did not use a gigabyte at all this has been a problem for the past year, but since it was covid I did not bother as I didn't really need that data but now I may need it. 

- The fact that they can't upgrade me to the new promotion too is pretty annoying as it is only for "new" customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ascwin01 : Ok. Nothing left. If you click on that View My Usage under Change Plan and then choose your own date range from July 17th and then click the header like data usage or something towards the right and then find the lines that mention data and then add up all the data usage...do you get something around about 1GB ie. 1024MB?

ascwin01

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 10.02.03 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ascwin01 : Can you post your overview page? Blank out personal info of course.

ascwin01

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 9.54.14 PM.png

it's saying this even though it's been the start of the month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous...Op is likely still working his way through the "Laundry List".  🤣

@hairbag1 : Laundry list?! I would equate it to the city shopping list when you live out in the country and you go in to the big city for the big shop stopping everywhere to get everything you need for the next while spending the entire day doing all that. 🙄

@hairbag1  @Anonymous  I can't stop laughing...  🤣

@ascwin01 wrote:

@softech 

that so bs... we be loyal and stay with one plan but they never give us ant extra assets .

.. to be fair.. they did give us goodies.. they have been giving us Holiday Give-a-way.. free LD and free data.

.. and, the whole industry is like that.. they like new comers and they put existing customers last the list

back to your issue.. can you send us a screenshot of the Overview page about your add-on?

something like this.

E-MyAcc-OW-AddOnUsage_Purchase.png

if you see a line like above 500MB + 500MB .. there you are

if you don't , maybe it all used up?

Also, are you on Android, if so, change your Mobile Data , current cycle start date to the beginning of this cycle, then you will see if you ever use the data or which app used it.

Android-DataLimit.png

@Anonymous...Op is likely still working his way through the "Laundry List".  🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ascwin01 : A picture says a thousand words. Can you post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

If you don't see a line of data under My Data & Add-ons then you've used it all since your last renewal. Your phone might be set to flip to cell data when out of wifi range so then it's using your data. Or your phone is set to use cell data for OS and app updates. Turn that off. And it would be suggested to turn on cell data only when you need it. Not just on all the time. If you have an iphone then set iMessage to also be able to use SMS (rather than the internet for its instant messaging).

@ascwin01...have you logged in to your account and confirmed which plan you've subscribed to ?

This Community Forum is made up with PM users like yourself. We can help you understand but you need to co-operate and provide just a bit more details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ascwin01 wrote:

I haven't got any of those, is there way to contact public mobile representatives via phone.

@ascwin01 

at public mobile Contact Customer Service by Moderator Team Only No via phone.

@ascwin01...log into your account and view My Data & Add-ons or Plan Details to see what data you have. If you have the current $25 plan, you should have 1GB data to use.

My Plan
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

ascwin01

I haven't got any of those, is there way to contact public mobile representatives via phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ascwin01 wrote:

I believe im supposed to get 1GB but I get 0GB every month for some reason Im not been able to get in contact.

@ascwin01 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and if still not fix it please you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

@ascwin01 wrote:

@softech 

that so bs... we be loyal and stay with one plan but they never give us ant extra assets .

PM has been known to give us loyal customers, a freebie now and then. Usually around the Christmas season.

I'm still using the free Holiday data I received as well I have lotsa international long distance calling that they gave.

Would be nice if we could get in on that deal though, eh.

ascwin01

@softech 

I believe im supposed to get 1GB but I get 0GB every month for some reason Im not been able to get in contact.

ascwin01

@softech 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ascwin01 

your 2nd question is easier.  The 2GB Bonus ONLY applies for NEW activation only.  Existing customers do not have this  😞

what do  you mean by "my data has nver gotten updated"   ?

Need Help? Let's chat.