cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data plan is inconsistent/does not reset at 0

Inex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Ever since I took advantage of the Christmas deal for free 2GB of data, my plan has been off. 

Online on Public Mobile, it says I used 996MB out of my 1024MB which is set to reset in 3 days (November 16th). However, my phone settings say I've used 729 MB, with 15 days left of my plan. November 16th is definitely the correct data for it to reset, but I cannot keep track of this and I end up using more data than I intend to because it's not synchronized with my phone anymore. What could be causing this inconsistency?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Inex 

make sure the phones 'mobile data usage cycle' starts on November 16 and it should be fairly accurate. in my experience my phone shows more data usage than the website, which is always nice to see.

Inex

Cool! I'm glad you're not having issues:) Wish I could say the same lol

Inex

I'm satisfied with my current plan, but thank you:)

Inex

I accepted it either in December 2021 or January 2022. I've been having issues ever since

@Inex...best practice is to keep track of data yourself by logging in to your account (using incognito mode, as instructed by PM). Log in once or twice a day to keep up-t-the-minute if you need it.

Your Xmas data should kick in if you run outta regular plan data.

BTW...when did you accept the 2GB of Xmas data...some of those were for only a few months IFRC.

plan.jpg

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It really puzzles me Why some customers have issues with PM web site?!

I never had any issues; using obsolete Firefox; Firefox 'remembers history; cookies, etc. Data, minutes, log in - never fails. Same password since I joined...

My phone says I used 32MB; site says  Yummy_0-1668364796865.png

They only thing you can do to get correct status is refresh, refresh, refresh. Use different browser if needed.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Inex...

as a suggestion...consider looking into getting the latest PM offer. You can have 15Gb of 4G data, plus talk and text for a mere $40 per 30 days. That's a lotta data !

planupgrade.jpg

Inex

Thank you for your reply! Everything is updated on PMs side of things, but I will actually update my phone- that's a good idea. If the update doesn't resolve it, how would I go about this?

Inex_0-1668364707645.png

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Inex 

the website doesn't automatically generate the correct information. press the refresh buttons. PM is also based off 30 days. one needs to update their device so that it is synced to your account renewal date. 

Screenshot_20221105-074125.png

Need Help? Let's chat.