cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data only sim. Is it really that simple?

TheDataMan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Completely new to Public Mobile.

Can I just walk into Wal Mart buy a $10 sim, go online, and pick a custom 30 day data only plan?

Will I be committed to any extra fees or contracts?

Can I just cancell this whole thing at day 28?

Hoping to use this for family that will be visiting Canada. Thanks!!!

5 REPLIES 5

@TheDataMan wrote:

Thanks for the tips!

How liveable is the Public Mobile 3G service?

I was thinking going for the LTE. Possibly, I could setup with 3G and upgrade to LTE later for an extra fee?

Thanks again.

3G is actually LTE throttled, so you have the same response time just overall download speed is a bit slower for large files but I actually notice no real world difference except will if you want to watch 4k videos and use up all your data in minutes 🙂

You are always able to renew early to a different plan / change plan at the full cost of the plan.

TheDataMan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the tips!

How liveable is the Public Mobile 3G service?

I was thinking going for the LTE. Possibly, I could setup with 3G and upgrade to LTE later for an extra fee?

Thanks again.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Don't forget, online activation is eligible for the $25 referral bonus offer. 

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TheDataMan wrote:

Can I just walk into Wal Mart buy a $10 sim, go online, and pick a custom 30 day data only plan?

Hi @TheDataMan,

You definitely can! No strings attached and it is a prepaid service, so you do not have to cancel anything at the end of the 30 days, you just don't have to load more funds to renew the plan. No extra fees, just pay for the SIM card.

However, if you purchase the SIM card at a Wal-Mart, they might require you to activate in-store with them, because they want to get commission for the sale. You can buy SIM card online through Public Mobile, or physically at a WoW Mobile booth or London Drugs.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@TheDataMan wrote:

The tough part could be going to walmart to buy just the sim card.  Yes you can do this a data only plan is $20 but that is only 250 mb.  1GB is $35 or 2.5GB is $40.  No need to cancel just don't add a credit card to autopay and at the end of the 30 days you are done no committment.

ETA noticed you can get 6.5GB for $50

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.