cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Rylan1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a GB256g. I set up apn settings, data isn’t working. Got it unlocked from Telus. Exact instructions?

6 REPLIES 6

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Proxy is for MMS.

Just make sure APN is sp.mb.com, APN type contains at least "default", and APN protocol is IPv4/IPv6. The rest isn't so important. You don't need to specify anything for bearer.

Rylan1

Couple questions,

what bearer should I use? Options are gprs and umts. I put no authorization.

apn is set to sp.mb.com. 
internet profile is another I have questions about. I used title “Public Mobile”

use proxy is on. Proxy server address is set to: 74.49.0.18. Proxy server port is set to 80.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks for the information. Another thing to try is resetting network settings as per https://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Network-Settings-on-Android. Note that when you do that you'll have to connect to all your saved wifi and bluetooth devices again so be mindful of that.

Rylan1

256 is part of the phone model number. I have 20 gb. I’m with public mobile

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Rylan1 

APN should be sp.mb.com

Another thing to try is to go to Network Settings and turn off automatic and choose Public Mobile then reboot. Let us know if that works.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are you with Telus or Public Mobile? Also do you mean you have 256GB of data; as that's not a plan offered by Public Mobile. If you are with Telus you'll need to contact them as this is the Public Mobile forum.

Need Help? Let's chat.