cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

diabless55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have an unlocked iPhone 3GS that I just setup this week as an emergency phone until I get a new one.

It is running iOS 4.1. It tells me that cellular data is not available even though the option is turned on on the phone. I am able to receive calls and texts no problem.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

anthonytaylor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I found a online guide about the cellular data not working and it worked for me.

- Make Sure Cellular/Mobile Data toggle turned ON
- Turn On Airplane Mode On and Turn off
- Check for Carrier Update on your iPhone
- Restart your iPhone, Cellular iPad
- Reset Network Settings to Fix all
- Back up and perform a Factory Reset and Restore without iTunes and Computer Screen

Source: howtoisolve.com/fix-iphone-cellular-data-not-working/

@littleburger FYI: iPhones running iOS 7 or earlier cannot change APN settings manually.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

littleburger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What you have to do is check the apn, cuz manual apn setting may not be correct. Go to setting ->cellular ->cellular data network  and change it to right apn . Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Leave blank

Port: Leave blank

Username: Leave blank

Password: Leave blank

Server: Leave blank

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

You may not be able to access data with that iPhone. Models earlier than 5 cannot update the iOS beyond 7 and does not allow for manually setting APN, which is required for data, picture messaging, and iMessage. 

For iPhone 4 APN settings cannot be updated manually. You need to connect to wifi, access APN Codes with Safari, then follow the directions there. If that does not work with your iPhone you will be restricted to wifi for data. Smiley Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @diabless55

I understand your concern and I am more than happy to assist you!

The best way to find this is out is to try setting up your APN settings (if you can manually configure them). Please visit http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/  and search for (CA – Public Mobile). Please note that according to your device model, the APN will be different. 

For data to be functional with Public Mobile, the iPhone must have iOS 8.1.1 or higher. Since the iPhone 3GS is running on 4.1, there is no guarantee that your data will work. 

Let us know if your data works!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.