cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working.. stopped working

Suchee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Worked great since i ported over last week, today it stopped

Is it local issue.. anyone else in vancouver same issue?... is it me or PM?

triple checked apn settings.. nothing wrong.. reboot.. still nothing

19 REPLIES 19

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Shadab_K you're 100% sure you have data left? Have you verified this by signing into your self-serve account and looking at the My Add-ons section of the Overview page?

If so then you could try rebooting, verify your APN settings, make sure you didn't accidentally turn off Mobile data, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shadab_K

Hi, my data stopped working. I have a OnePlus 3. Last night it was working fine. But this morning it stopped working for some reason. I didn't use up all my data. My friend has the same phone and same plan and his works fine.I can call and text (they seem to be working) but my data just stopped. HELP!

Suchee
Thanks!

srlawren

@Suchee 3rd hand info:  CSC is a way that carriers can tell a phone what carrier it should be set up for.  When phones are made, they have "stuff" set up on them for many carriers.  Things like boot up logo, what bands are are supported, things like that. I don't know all the details but that's the 10,000 foot explanation of it.  Phones from Wind/Freedom will have been set with their CSC, telling the phone to only expect their frequencies etc, so even though they have a PM card inserted, they ignore some available frequencies.  There's a way to change the CSC to force them to recognize they're no longer on Freedom. But doing so does wipe (factory reset) the phone, unfortunately.  

For more info, check out:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-text-after-changing-CSC-from-Wind-t...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Two-days-since-move-from-FM-Still-NO-...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Galaxy-S7-Edge-only-gets-LTE-if-force...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Note-7-won-t-use-LTE/m-p/114290/highl...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Suchee
What is the CSC switch? ... Just for future reference

srlawren
Great stuff!

Suchee

FActory reset worked 

I think after an auto software update, the data stopped

srlawren

Sorry @Suchee I don't recall: have you done the CSC switch that I believe someone mentioned on another thread?  And/or a factory reset?

Suchee

THanks, would you be able to direct me to a V20 solution? does PM tech support have to flip a switch or do i do a full reset again?

@srlawren did mention V20 from Freedom might have some trouble. 

Excellent!  Glad we figured this out.  @Suchee, if you're new here, welcome!

if you've been here a while, welcome here anyways!

I'm happy I was able to assist you.

Suchee

Well there you go... good troubleshooting @stonechucker 

Took the sim out of the newly Freedom ported/unlocked/factory reset LG V20 to my old one+1.... 

Data worked fine, it auto filled in APN, and i noticed one field different than V20 had, the APN TYPE had default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri 

So went back in to V20, not sure why it wont auto set up APN like one+1 did.. but whatever, added a new one ... nothing

Did i mention , voice and text work fine

and yesterday EVERYTHING was ok... (i didnt touch a thing in settings) SO its a V20 prob , great

Well, at the moment, out of suggestions, other than trying your sim, in another unlocked phone (or locked to a Telus brand).

There is a chance, slim I will admit, that maybe you are actually out of data, and the self serve has not yet updated.

i really hope you have not used what would be almost all your data in 1dqy.  I say this, because I believe the usage update is a daily activity, occurring very early morning hours.

@CS_Agent , is there anyone around to address this?

Suchee

wifi off, mobile data on,

network mode gsm/wcdma/ lte auto selected

itried the 3g only, reboot ..more bars... still no data.... 

I wpuld check to make sure cellular data is turned on

@stonechucker, doing same thing on my windows tablet  hooking up the bluetooth keyboard now lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hmmm..okay, it appears that is okay.

Airplane mode on?  Have you forced a selection of a particular band of cell connection? 

Example, LTE vs. 4G or 2G or 3G??

Lol @ShawnC13, I thought I was typing slow.  I'm using my iPad in landscape mode, typing only with my thumbs!

You can get the next okay ?!?  😎

Suchee

ya data shows up, says ive used 140mb/12000

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Suchee, sorry to hear this.   Have you logged into elf serve and checked on your usage. If data doesnt show up it means you have used it all up. Is this a possibility?

@stonechucker, 9seconds you got me by grrr slow tablet typing

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Please check your self service information.  You may have run out of data.  If you DO NOT see your data usage, or the meter, this is the problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.