cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working on iPhone 6

bennn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I've recently activated a new SIM card - calls and texts works but I cannot get data to work. I have tried several things, many listed on this website, but to no avail. I've tried installing different profiles too (Public Mobile, Telus) but this has not worked either. Could anyone offer any help?

Thanks,

Ben

9 REPLIES 9

Good to know that update of IOS 14.4 was the issue. IOS 14.4.1 or 14.5 is coming soon.

bennn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your help! I followed your steps, I think updating the software on my phone did the trick. Thanks so much this has been giving me grief all day!

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS wrote:

@bennn  Check data and add ons in Self Serve and confirm your data allotment figures. 

Yes, first check if you have any data available. Just to make sure you do otherwise all other suggestions will not help. 

Data does not work at all? You might have some apps turned off so when data is on they won't be used. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bennn :Have you tried setting the APN again? Will look for link for you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @bennn ,

• Ensure you have the latest software on your phone?
  • Remove and reinsert your SIM.
  • Go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then back to regular mode.
  • Reboot your phone.

EDIT: 

1. Find "Mobile Network"
  1. Press Settings.
  2. Press Mobile Data.
  3. Press Mobile Network.
  4. To select network manually, press the indicator next to "Automatic" until the function is deactivated.
  5. Press the required network.
  6. To select network automatically, press the indicator next to "Automatic" until the function is activated.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bennn  Check data and add ons in Self Serve and confirm your data allotment figures. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@bennn wrote:

Hi all,

I've recently activated a new SIM card - calls and texts works but I cannot get data to work. I have tried several things, many listed on this website, but to no avail. I've tried installing different profiles too (Public Mobile, Telus) but this has not worked either. Could anyone offer any help?

Thanks,

Ben

Make sure that Data is enabled on the phone itself in Settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.