cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working - I need help asap

Rosemarie2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I need assistance right away please. My data isn’t working. I have a lot of data left on my plan and for some strange reason it is not working since two hours ago. This is inconveniencing me greatly as I need my data in order to work. Kindly assist asap please.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

it's telus's turn today.

liuxinbing_0-1694712917739.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rosemarie2023  - so you did call 611 from your device to check the data balance? Just making sure you are not see cache data on your My Account. Does 611 match what you believe is remaining?

Can you try your SIM card into another phone to see if data works?

If you indeed have data left and it still doesn't work in another phone, perhaps there is a temporary outage in your area (as @Handy1 already mentioned as well)

edit typo

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rosemarie2023 

If it’s not an Outage in your area it might be best to reach out to customer service to get to the bottom of this.

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Rosemarie2023

Thanks for responding,

I’ve already done that and still nothing.

Rosemarie2023

Good morning 

Thanks for responding.

I’ve already tried that and it’s still not working. I’ve rebooted and still nothing. I’ve reset the network settings and still nothing. I have a lot of data left (650) and I don’t understand why it’s not working.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Rosemarie2023  Is data turned on on your phone ? Do you have a data limit set in phone . Is your account active or in hold log into account to check or dial *611 to find out . Have you tried rebooting the phone ?

check that you have data left like this 

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1694701630052.jpeg

For most up to date account info

also check 

Outage map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rosemarie2023 

I am sorry to hear that you are encountering issues using your data. 

I would try going into your network selection settings, turning off automatic, and then manually selecting public mobile and then rebooting. 

If that doesn’t work you might need to try resetting your network settings (this will erase your saved wifi networks but those can be re-added easily) and then reboot. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Rosemarie2023 

maybe you have setup a data limit on your phone, it is very common for Android

and to be sure how much data left, login My Account using Incognit/Private/Secret mode on your  phone to check

and try to reboot your phone and try in different places.  You can also try to Reset all networks

Need Help? Let's chat.