cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is not working for any of our plans

HaydenREB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Data is not working for any of our phones currently. Is the network down? Trying to use Google maps while driving and it says off-line for both myself and my husband.

14 REPLIES 14

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@HaydenREB 

Do you live in Ontario region?  A few customers posted earlier this morning about data outage in certain areas of Ontario.  

Public mobile is aware of the issue, but no updates on any progress or fixes yet. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HaydenREB 

I just read this thread and thought I’d comment. Your concern and post were clear and polite. It’s great to see customers that are courteous and community members that are able to quickly help find a resolution. 
Well done everyone! 😊

HaydenREB

My son just got home and his data also wasn’t working and he had to reset his phone as well. Strange. 

Alexxja

Perhaps try removing your wifi (or modify phone settings). If wifi is available, but not connected, your phone settings may not allow the data to get used even if turned on. 

HaydenREB

I just looked it up and I do not have any of those options on my phone. It’s iOS.

It's an updated network method of talking. Android or iphone? But we wouldn't know if it had been present before this mornings problems. Let us know if any new icons show up on the top bar when you are on a call.

HaydenREB

I don’t even know what that is. If you can explain, I can check.

It would be interesting to know if you now have volte enabled on the device(s).

HaydenREB

A hard reset of the phone seems to have fixed it. Not sure what happened and why it’s happening to all of our phones all of a sudden, but my LTE is back on.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you try switching the phone to 3G? This service can use the older 3G HSPA for data. Maybe there's an LTE outage in your area. Or do you have a data limiter set on your phones?

HaydenREB

Account is active. I have 14 1/2 gigs left out of 15. Phone is working fine. SMS texts are going through fine it’s just anything related to data use on both accounts

HaydenREB

We have sufficient data. An account is active. We have two separate accounts, so that’s why I find it strange.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@HaydenREB , is your account in active status?  Please check.  Also has the included data been consumed?  My service seems to be working, albeit a little slow today.  

HaydenREB

Should probably also add that nothing is working when it comes to data use. Cannot send an iMessage, nothing will load on Facebook, Twitter not working.

Need Help? Let's chat.