Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is garbage please help

Lauchlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Apple iPhone 12

Live just outside of Toronto, Canada.

I have always had problems when my phone is on my public mobile data. I can’t watch more than 2 sec of videos on any platform whether it be a WhatsApp video, iMessage, Instagram, FB or TikTok. It also takes forever to send videos and doesn’t work a lot of the time. Socials struggle to load. I cannot download apps from the AppStore. I live in an area that has good service and my husband doesn’t have these problems with his phone (also in Public- iPhone XR). I restart/hard reset my phone often. I have 5gb plan plus 3 bonus gb and as I’m always on wifi I never come close to using these up, plus I can’t because the service is so **bleep**. The only thing that works well is calls. 

My settings are correct according to the other posts on here: sp.mb.com 

I do not have other options for settings, maybe because I live in Canada. But my phone is definitely unlocked as that’s how they are required to be sold in Canada and I use it overseas all the time. 

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!!

Lauchlin

8 REPLIES 8

Lauchlin

Hi all, I have tried the suggestions posted in the forum and you all have given and I haven’t seen any changes. I am currently away from home with ‘full bars’ and a video of my daughter won’t load 😞 any further suggestions would be great!

Lauchlin

Connection seems to be better while at home. Away from home is worse. I’ll test my sim in my husbands phone over the weekend when we’re off. Will update with any feedback! Thank you!

Lauchlin

Thank you! I toggle between the 2 regularly but haven’t really noticed a difference. I’ll pay closer attention. 

Lauchlin

Thanks for these tips, I’ll try this over the weekend when I can steal my hubbys phone for a while. Will update with feedback!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lauchlin - can you swap SIM cards into your husband's phone and and his into yours for a few days and see if there is an improvement?

If the issue still happens with your SIM inside your husband's phone I suppose you could submit a ticket to CSA and see what they could do in the backend.

Otherwise, it would be a setting or something with your iphone 12.

Maybe try performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

YEah my data is hit and miss too, I know being 3G it may not be as quick or do as much, but sometimes I can't even get a video stream to load or some other things that had no issue in the past, while other times it is at least serviceable...frustrating for sure.

mu100

I have the same problem when my phone is set to 4G (LTE), it seems to work a lot better when I change the setting to 3G.

settings => cellular => cellular data options => voice & data => 3G

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lauchlin   You have an iPhone?  did you check if your Carrier profile is up to date?

Also, do you have better connection when you are away from your home?   Do you have another phone to test the PM SIM there?  we can check if it is a network issue in your location

Need Help? Let's chat.