cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data deleted 2.5 hours prematurely.

ApatheticFlow1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I purchased 3gb of data only to realize that I lose it at the end of the month th so my last day was today October 31st. I assumed I had until 11:59pm. I used a bit of data on my way to work at 3pm, but when I left work at 9pm and stopped at IGA to by stuff I tried to log into my IGA account in order for them to scan my Scene card for points, but I couldn't log in because the data was already gone. Why would I lose my data prior to 9:30pm eastern time. Technically I should of still had access to my data since I used less than 1.5gb out of the 3gb I had available.

It already sucks not having it carry over, but when PM erases my data before 9:30pm that made me a little bitter cause I should of had access to unused data till atleast 11:59pm.

If someone can tell my why that happened I'd appreciate it. If I had a 90 day plan I guess my purchased data would be good for 3 months right?

I've been with PM for over 10 years now so I'm a loyal customer and I like my plan since it cost me 18$ per month for unlimited province wide talk and unlimited international sms.

3 REPLIES 3

ApatheticFlow1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes Montreal is eastern time.

It's possible I calculated it wrong, but I was so sure that I had sometime left, either way it's no big deal I'm still a happy and satisfied PM customer and I doubt that will change anytime soon. 

@KP_mv 34$ isnt expensive, but I wouldnt even use 10gb of data in those 3 months and that's double what I pay now. If I used my data that would be one thing, but I'll still lose up to 18gb every 90 days so it's not worth it for me. I really just need a few gb per month, but to pay 15$ per gb that's actually very expensive. If there was a plan that offered me say 1-5 gb for max 10$ more than ya I'd go with something like that.

It also sucks to pay 15$ for 1 gb when my whole plan costs me 18$ per month. Normally PM would give me like 1 or more free gb that carried over until I used it all. So I was hop1ing this year I'd get that, but it wasn't the case. The 3gb I got from PM for free lasted me almost 1 year.

Thx for the replies and I'll figure it out you can mark and lock this thread as resolved.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@ApatheticFlow1 Data add ons are only valid for 30 days regardless of the plan you are on. As this time starts as soon as you buy the add on, I'm guessing you bought it prior to 9:30pm EST 30 days ago?

Edit: As an aside, if you are routinely buying add on data every 30 days, you would be better off upgrading to the $39 ($34 on 90 days) plan which gives 20GB of data.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you in eastern time? Or did this happen 3 hours ago?
I wonder if the clock is like roaming where it expires 360 hours after it was bought. Or the 30 days after it bought down to the minute. I don't know.
No, the data add-ons are only for 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.