cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data being used early morning hours when I'm asleep

SNK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just checked my usage on my account and I noticed there are 10MB of data used or 6.78MB of data used, every evening around 12:30am or 1:20am - always late at night, when my phone is charging and I'm in bed sleeping.  Does anyone know why this is happening?  This makes no sense to me.  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Alexxja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My guess is updates! Proposed solutions:
1. only put data on when needed, otherwise keep your phone on wifi mode only
2. Change your phone settings so that updates are only downloaded when using wifi
3. put your phone on airplane mode during night hours.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@SNK 

Turn data off while the phone is recharging. You won't miss anything while you're sleeping. Any notifications, cloud syncs, background data, telemetry, and "important" updates will become available the moment you turn your data back on.

I just keep my data turned off all the time when I'm not using it. Apps don't need to leech the data I pay for until I actually decide to put them on screen and use them.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I hardly use my phone. Very light user.

I looked at the time of when I turned on data twice yesterday. One was around 9am pacific. Then again around 4pm or so. The smaller amount would be the morning usage.

This is the result. The texts were a test. Yes, I barely use the phone.

dust2dust_0-1683219809885.png

The usage details.don't indicate at what time data has beem used. Usage is summarized a couple times per day.

Need Help? Let's chat.