cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on before the end of 90 days

groan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son's data is almost used up at 60 days of his 90 day plan. I want to add another GB to carry him through but will the Add On get paused at the end of the month when his included Data kicks in? I understand the add-on does not expire.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dpeeri not really.  You could contact a community moderator* via private message and ask them to renew your plan early for you.  It would cost whatever your plan normally costs.  So if you're on a plan that's say $120+tax every 90 days, and you're 80 days in and ran out of data?  You could ask them to renew you early, and it would cost you the full $120+tax, and you would get no rebate or refund on the unusued 10 days from your current cycle.  In many cases, this may still be significantly cheaper than relying on the add-ons @ $30/GB.

Personally I think this offer should be available in the self-serve system without requiring moderator assistance.  If you agree, please read this thread http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Add-ability-in-self-serve-system-to-renew-e... and consider clicking on the Bravo button there to vote it up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dpeeri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Let's say someone ran out of data  on their 90 day plan , and was expecting to need a lot more, say an additional 6gb. This would be quite expensive with 30$/gb addons, is there an another option like renewing your data immediately - how much would that cost?

On your screen shot its shows data is added already also you can check your payment history you will get details there if you see a credit card charged then check your public mobile available fund if you don't see extra 30 dollars sitting in AVAIALBE fund then its properly added add On

It's probably a browser you have to login in desktop mode to see all details
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

groan

I can not click on it to see any details. Maybe it's a Chrome issue. I'll try in another browser.

I need to make sure the data add on is added. I guess I could just use up the reminder of his data and see what happens. 😕

Yes its added now when you login self serve if you see add on section its say 1gb if you click on it does it shows any details or no

I think the system having issues usually you get all data usage details but some other ops also mentioned its been not showing right now hopefully will fix in a day or 2
For now I would suggust download app my data management you can track your data by setting up own customize plan will show up in notification window its available for both iOS and Android
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

groan

I have a followup question.

I just checked the add-ons page and it shows the following...

https://i.imgur.com/CsaIPQz.png

Does this mean I already have the add on? If so, how do I know how much data is left of that add-on? When I look up the Add on usage it just shows me my 6GB usage, not the add-on. I would think the 6GB usage would show in my general plan usage.

Confused/

Lol that's why we all are here to provide help and solution to other ops

groan

Edit:

You answered my question as I was typing it.

Thank you.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
It's will roll over whatever left over don't worry lets say if he used 500mb then 500 mb will move to next billing cycle its won't expire after renewal he will start using his 12gb if he used all again then the other 500mb which was left kicks in

Also when you add add-on its a 2 step process means when you by add-on by credit card money will add on to your AVAIALBE funds then you go back and buy add-on again from your AVAIALBE funds
Need Help? Let's chat.