cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Plan Not Working

Proton45
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had purchased for my father's cell plan with Mobile the 90-day 90GB data plan. He is currently in hospital, very ill so he wanted to be able to chat with his family and friends via video. He previously had the monthly $15/mo. 100 mins / 250 mb plan which was obviously not going to be enough for him to chat via video with his family and friends in hospital. I ordered the aforementioned subscription and he was so excited to begin to chat via video with his family and friends, making his stay at the hospital more-bearable through his very poor health. He is 85 years old and not doing well at all. I travelled to the hospital after purchasing this plan for him, pleased at the thought of how happy he would be. Imagine my surprise when I turned-on the data for his phone which was always previously turned-off because he is not a computer wizard, the phone refused to connect to the internet? Now, my 85 year old father is out $115 for a service which he cannot enjoy. He is devastated, but not as much as I. Since he is not receiving any service for that $115, I should like a refund. No doubt Public Mobile will point out there are no refunds, but we paid for a service for which we are not receiving. Since we have nothing in return for that $115, this becomes tantamount to theft of an 85 year old, very ill man. I am not happy in the slightest that the plan failed. I should like to ask that Public Mobile return our funds and revert the phone back to the original plan mentioned earlier. How might I go about obtaining this refund to make a sick 85 year old man happy? 

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4

@Proton45   It may be a simple fix for the phone - to discuss the problem with customer service send a private message using this link and then an agent will reply at the envelope icon top right or, if no envelope, then tap your avatar for Messages.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Proton45

So, they will not refund a very ill 85 year old man in hospital who has no service at all for which he paid? Remember what that is called?

Excuse me whilst I head to social media and get this treatment of an ill 85 year old man out there. Have a nice day. 

Proton45

I control and operate his account. He is 85 years old and ill. He is not likely able to control the site. I set-up his phone from new. The previous plan was fine.  The new one does not work at all. No internet connection at all. 

The hospital has WIFI, and it is not free. He has to pay for the hotspot. As he is not computer-literate, I obtained this plan for him, showed him how to turn data on and off, at least I was trying to do so when I noticed the data refused to connect. Nothing. My own data on my phone was working perfectly, especially since we were closer to the cell towers. 

It is not a doctor's office, it is a large hospital. They do not have 'free' WIFI. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

As you said - PM will not refund you.

Log in to his account and confirm plan is activated correctly and check what services he has.
Could he access Internet at all? Any site?
Maybe app he is using is not data friendly? I am puzzled WHY hospital does not have WiFi. Almost every but smallest dr. office has free WiFi.

Need Help? Let's chat.