cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Overage

kevindo27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, just wondering...

I have the plan where I have 1GB of data for 90 days. If I use up that 1GB of data, will PM text me and stop giving me data or automatically start charging for the extra data without my knowledge?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Agreed, PM doesn't charge overage, the service just stops working (you get the warning texts as mentioned).

If you still need data after your plan data is used up, you can buy a data add-on, either $10 for 200MB or $30 for 1GB. These add-ons don't expire on plan dates, they roll over until used up (or you leave PM).

nikolaj_jj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The way to look at it in my opinion is that Public Mobile is set up as a pre paid subscribtion so if you are able to use features it means it has been paid for and if you are not able to use features it means they have either been fully used up or it not a part of the plan and you do not have to worry about additional costs.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello!

Don't worry, you won't be charged. Once you reache 75%  and 95% of your data, you will get notification. You can close your and sleep well, you won't have to pay after using all of your 1gb.

Enjoy it with no worries.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

When you reach 95% of usage, you will get a text. Once you finish 1GB, you won't have access to data. PM doesn't charge anything extra. 

Need Help? Let's chat.