cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Not Working

sonflower
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there!

I am reaching out to ask about a data outage I've been experiencing. Yesterday I opened a ticket as my data kept crashing and having very slow loading times. Someone very kind helped behind the scenes and connected me to a different tower!! It's all been slow but working enough up until two hours ago.

Now almost nothing loads... I get all kinds of error messages: connection timed out, refused, aborted, closed, name not resolved... I've also tried walking around the block to get a better signal but no luck. Otherwise, I've just been at home. Is anyone else experiencing data issues? Can something make my area a deadzone on and off again? Maybe it's a Telus thing? My WiFi is down too and I'm waiting on a technician, so this is pretty stressful. I've missed meetings and can't work on team projects as I've promised others, so any help would be so appreciated!!!

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

sonflower
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No, it's Oxio (Shaw). I suspect it's a coincidence that they're down at the same time! 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Is your wifi Telus too?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

We are all customers here so I doubt anybody form community could help you in this matter. PM staff does not follow this forum nor act on requests/issues.

You should try to contact agent again. Check outage maps:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map

TELUS Service Status

Another solution, could be to go to the area with free WiFi (stores, banks, etc.) and connect there. Not exactly very practical but I have been there, done that when Internet was down in my area.

@sonflower wrote:

Hi there!

I am reaching out to ask about a data outage I've been experiencing. Yesterday I opened a ticket as my data kept crashing and having very slow loading times. Someone very kind helped behind the scenes and connected me to a different tower!! It's all been slow but working enough up until two hours ago.

Now almost nothing loads... I get all kinds of error messages: connection timed out, refused, aborted, closed, name not resolved... I've also tried walking around the block to get a better signal but no luck. Otherwise, I've just been at home. Is anyone else experiencing data issues? Can something make my area a deadzone on and off again? Maybe it's a Telus thing? My WiFi is down too and I'm waiting on a technician, so this is pretty stressful. I've missed meetings and can't work on team projects as I've promised others, so any help would be so appreciated!!!

It sounds if you're tried as much troubleshooting as you can.  Only a customer support agent can help with a network issue. Please await their response.

Need Help? Let's chat.