cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-ons suddenly all disappeared?

Nathaliean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! Long time user of Public Mobile so I've collected a lot of the holiday bonuses where we were gifted an extra GB of data here and there with no expiration date.

I logged into my account today and saw that they aren't there anymore: only my extra call minutes are there. I know once you use up the add-ons they disappear: I had a bunch and they would only get partially used up since I rarely go over my 1GB a month and then the holidays would come and I'd get another data gift.  I checked my Usage History to see how much data I used and I haven't used that much for it to use up all my add-ons.

Is there a way to see if I really used it all up or maybe there was an error? Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I have several years' worth still sitting on my account as of this moment. Might be a cache issue. Trying clearing it and/or signing in from an Incognito window. 

@maximum_gato wrote:

@esjliv 

For a customer in the situation you describe.....they need to create a separate community account with a different email address to contact customer support to recover their original community account? Thx

When this happened to me @maximum_gato I did not need to create a separate community ID with a different email. I used the same email the account was always connected with. I needed to submit the ticket with the newly created community ID to have CSA recover the old ID and delete the new ID (well, make the new ID 'Anonymous').

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nathaliean 

ask a customer support agent to confirm availability of those gifted add-ones.

Contact a customer support agent using the second option listed below as the first one has been giving users issues and still hasn’t been fixed by public mobile. 🙄

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are usually 2 methods: 

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nathaliean 

you cannot really look back the data usage other than 90 days of the usage

When was the last timey you checked and saw those usage? With the 90 days Usage history, you can try to see if your last 2 cycles were overusing data, but that is as much as you can trace back.  But PM has been keeping data use fairly accurate most the time

I suggest you to use some data tracking app from now on.  

If you are using Android, try Data Usage Manager.  
On iPhone, try My Data Manager

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

For a customer in the situation you describe.....they need to create a separate community account with a different email address to contact customer support to recover their original community account? Thx

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nathaliean you have been a customer for quite some time, and I noticed your community ID is created just today. Does that mean you had a previous community ID but when tried to access it it said that the name was already in use? That happened to many members here (including myself). You can have your previous community ID recovered, if you submit a ticket with customers support and ask them to recover it for you.

edit, typo

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nathaliean - Log in through a web-browser through a tab in incognito/private mode may help if you are seeing a cache version of your account.

Then call 611 to check your data balance, this balance will include an data remaining balances including in both your PLAN and ADDONS. This should give you a good idea what did and did not take place. 

If your data is lower than expected, i'd wait at least 12 hours to check you usage history again. As the data usage gets added, not at time of use, but two accumulative times within a 24 hour period on your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.