cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-Ons Disappeared

Sferguson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I've just realized that my unused data add-ons (holiday bonuses, etc) that had no expiry date have disappeared from my account. I am suspecting that this is because I had switched to an "unlimited" data plan. Now that I am switching to the CAN-US plan which no longer has unlimited data, it sure would be nice to get my add-ons back.

Edit for clarity - I still have all the unused LD minutes add-ons on my account even though I technically can't use them with an unlimited LD plan, so I'm curious why the data was removed and these weren't.

Can anyone comment on this? Will they show up automatically or has PM pulled a sneaky one on me and all that free data is gone?

7 REPLIES 7

MajorTalent
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, 

I'm in the same boat... my renewal is in 2 weeks and now that it will switch to the plan without unlimited throttled data, I also would like to know if I get back access to my accumulated "Holiday Giveaway/ Promo/ Bonus" Data Add-ons

Sferguson

Oh, you nailed it! They are there if I scroll way down the overview page, but not on the subscription page where I was looking.

Thank you!

Void

Is it possible that you might not be looking at the right page?

The subscription page only shows active add-ons.

The overview page should show both active add-ons and incompatible add-ons.

Or try to force refreshing of the page, or login with private/incognito mode and check again.

Sferguson

From my post I'm switching back from an unlimited plan to the CAN-US plan which is NOT unlimited.

Similarly, I have 1000s of Long Distance minutes from before I had a Canada Unlimited LD plan that are still in my account even though I'll technically never be able to use them.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

That is an interesting situation; if you are switching to 'unlimited' data then there is no need for data add-on. And I doubt it is available for purchase to those with 'unlimited' data.
Why would you want data add-on on your account as you could Never be able to use them?

Sferguson

Thanks for the response! I have scheduled the plan change for my next renewal in a few days. I am not seeing the data add-ons at all - incompatible or otherwise. I don't know when this happened, but I had years worth of these free add-ons accumulated that I never used because I never go over my plan amount. So it seems that they have been removed.

I guess I'll try to open a ticket and see if there's anything they can do.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sferguson while you are on the 5G unlimited plan, you data add-on should still be there but just showing as Incompatible add-on

are you currently on the Canada-US plan already?? or you just scheduled a plan change?? thos incompatible add-on should be compatible again after the change

if still have issue, better check with PM support by direct message

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.