cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DID anybody managed to update credit card info AT ALL since Jan 2024???

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As Subject says...
Anybody managed to update credit info without reaching to agent?
What steps did you take?
If you reached to agent did they help you out?

10 REPLIES 10

@Yummy wrote:

@will13am 

This is Amazing piece of info! Who would know or suspect PM wants to invade our privacy and track where are we???

When time comes to update my CC info I would try to use computer first and if it it fails very first time will try an app with location enabled.

I really DO NOT LIKE giving location permission to ANY app unless it is a must (maps, gas prices, etc.) and I do not see a reason for telco to have access to my location? GPS if off all the time (unless is needed for navigation or similar).
When I was signing up I have no issues inputting my address without any location permission. And as I know address is completely irrelevant to PM as they will never send me anything so no reason to have location permission as your address could be in BC but you live in NS.

As I see from other replies people using app had no issues updating CC info. Thank you guys for a very valuable tip which might save a lot of hours of frustration.

The location permission might only be used when address update is being done.  I agree with you that permissions are granted to apps as a privilege, not a right.  

@wllanigan wrote:

Tried multiple times over the past 2 weeks on my browser & using incognito and it kept giving me an error message... downloaded the app just now and it worked right away. I gave the app permission to access my location when prompted (before updating credit card)... might be relevant?

It looks like the latest version of the app asks for location permission.  The app version that I was using when updating my address did not tell me that it was needing location permission.  I had to troubleshoot and came upon the location permission being disabled.  

@will13am 

This is Amazing piece of info! Who would know or suspect PM wants to invade our privacy and track where are we???

When time comes to update my CC info I would try to use computer first and if it it fails very first time will try an app with location enabled.

I really DO NOT LIKE giving location permission to ANY app unless it is a must (maps, gas prices, etc.) and I do not see a reason for telco to have access to my location? GPS if off all the time (unless is needed for navigation or similar).
When I was signing up I have no issues inputting my address without any location permission. And as I know address is completely irrelevant to PM as they will never send me anything so no reason to have location permission as your address could be in BC but you live in NS.

As I see from other replies people using app had no issues updating CC info. Thank you guys for a very valuable tip which might save a lot of hours of frustration.

wllanigan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried multiple times over the past 2 weeks on my browser & using incognito and it kept giving me an error message... downloaded the app just now and it worked right away. I gave the app permission to access my location when prompted (before updating credit card)... might be relevant?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I managed to update a credit card about a month ago.  I have a suspicious feeling that their system uses some sort of location services that sometimes is blocked on a browser.  That can really mess things up as the postal code is a location related input.  I am saying this because I had all sorts of trouble entering my address on an account.  It was only when I found out the Public Mobile app has a location permission that I was able to get the address entered successfully.  The app never asked for location permission, it was happy to not work without it.  Huge miss on the part of the app developer.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Boki 

Yup, I did on the PM app last month.

colleeno
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was concerned after reading so many posts about the issues people were having but I had no problem updating both mine and my husband’s last week. Used the PM app on our phones for both. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Granted this has been one of many issues with Public Mobile over the last 6 months, thankfully I was able to update mine last year, before this issue began, using the app. For me, it was super easy and worked like a charm. I am dreading the day I have to update my credit card.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Boki  It definitely tricky , some have luck waiting 24 hours try again incognito / private mode or from another device . Even the app has proved successful for some . As for support they typical have been able to help in the past . Thou some I hear saying support cannot help now . I have to update my card in 2025 . Sure hope it’s working by then . But worst come to worse , one can buy payment vouchers and *611 to make payment also 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Boki 

yes, if you can take time, wait a week and try again

I have 2 friends, they both use Incognito/private/secret mode on the browser after waitnig a week (or 10 days) and they can update the card

Need Help? Let's chat.