cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAY 8- Porting from Koodo PrePaid - Waiting for Response

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was able to successfully sign up my wife to PM using a new number. I need to port her old number from Koodo Prepaid, which is not possible in self-serve as i get an error " We are experiencing difficulties at the moment. Please contact Public Mobile".

I have read on the community and both Shazia_K  and Mary_M had confirmed to me via private message long while back (start of promo) that the number needs to be ported in manually.

I have Private Message Shazia_K and have sent an email (Contact Us) link for this request Yesterday. I am creating this thread/Post to track and request Mod's to provide assistance in porting over the number as Koodo PrePaid account expires on Nov 25 and I don't want to load more $ in it to keep it active for porting.

Hoping that Mod's are able to help out in reasonable time frame and I do not have to load more $'s into Koodo account. I know Mod's have helped me out in the past and am expecting the amazing service from them this time around as well. I do understand that they are extremely busy right now...

The support request ticket number is #4559-1484.

27 REPLIES 27

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You were the one mentioning freedom Mobile

Huntress

To be honest, in the past, I have tried to get another card, they just never sent one.. And then when I really needed one, it took forever to get one too.. At first I thought I did do everything to get one, but it never came in, and so tried again, this time I did get one because I paid for it..  And once it came in I did what I had to do to activate it to my account and it worked! Now I am without service because I believe I should get back the time I lost, I did pay for that time and I didn't get it. I tried talking to PM and Mods privately at first and then decided to come on here to ask.. And that was when I was told to go elsewhere and that I don't deserve anything because it was just the sim!  And not PM's fault. But in fact it was their product that stopped working!

As well as, I have been a loyal customs for over a year and some now I did like it here and would have never thought of going elsewhere!!

Rockdaddy22
I recommend everyone with Public Mobile have an extra sim just incase. It's not like we can just pick one up at the nearest store.

Mixam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Huntress

I would agree it is a nice company (I'm ignoring the sarcasm). I'm sorry to hear some people on here gave you useless responses and were rude to you. Were you talking to a mod, or just some random person on here?

The sad thing is that it has really gone downhill lately in the forums. There are a lot of very unhappy customers right now. I've been on here for about a year now and in general most people on here are helpful and the mods used to respond to issues right away.

Sad thing is that on a public forum, there will always be good and bad apples and right now there are a lot of bad apples.

I'm sure that once things die down here, the mods will help you out. If you currently still do not have service, and it is in fact because of a bad sim card, I would suggest ordering a new sim card. When it arrives go to my account, plans and addons, change sim card. I know the sim card costs like $5 and you have to wait for it in the mail. But at least you would have your service up and running again and then you can talk to the mods about getting a refund on the sim card cost and the missed time. I'm not sure exactly what they can do to help you as I'm not a mod. But I hear they usually do right by people with issues in the end.

Huntress

Yeah well I was told to go elsewhere to another service provider!! I went half a month without service because the sim stopped working! Someone else on here told me (You should have had an extra card) Really who does that?? I was asking for my time I lost back! And was told I didn't deserve it because it wasn't PMs fault the card stopped working and that I should go elsewhere!!!!!

Nice company, would you agree???  

Rockdaddy22
It feels good when they %#€£ me, I don't see a problem. You've never been %#^£ed or what?

magical

welcome to publicnoservicemobile we hope you enjoy your non-existant service as much as we like giving it to you. Stock up on some lube cause you are going to need lots of it.

--PUBLICNOSERVICEMOBILE

JerryTang96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Public Mobile Mods, @Shazia_K@Mary_M

I'm also waiting port from koodo prepaid, which I sent request 14 days ago,
My support request (#4893-1754)

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Welcome to the PM family 🙂

fch
Thanks Shazia for porting the number from Koodo Prepaid.

fch

Any ETA on when this request will be processed?

fch

Public Mobile Mods, @Shazia_K@Mary_M

I am still waiting for my porting request from Koodo Prepaid to Public Mobile. The support request ticket number is #4559-1484.

mohammedessam
@fch
When you activate a new sim from fido, you can choose the pay per minute option so you don't have to pay anything upfront
I have personally done it more than once before and it works fine
After the activation just call fido and obtain the account number then port it back to PM

fch

Yes, old SIM Still works. 

But the Koodo PrePaid plan expires on Nov 25. I don't want to renew it for full month as there is no pro-rated refund on prepaid account from Koodo.

I do know they are catching up. What I don't like is no news on how much backlog they have and how they are planning on addressing it.

For example, they can simply come out and say something like -- for all the people with porting issues, we will reset your account date to when the porting will occur. At least this way, when I have to renew my Koodo Prepaid for another month, I will be at ease.

Mannie
Day 6 for me too

Rockdaddy22
Does your old sim still work?

fch

Public Mobile Mods,

I am still waiting for my porting request from Koodo Prepaid to Public Mobile. The support request ticket number is #4559-1484.

The longer it goes on more frustrating it gets. It reminds me of a person who's request was answered by Mod's right away as he was sending than Private Messages every 2 minutes and flooding their system. The person got the attention of Mod's right away and had the issue resolved.

I am not there yet, but patience will run low in few days and no matter how long is your backlog waiting for a port request for more than 10 days (6+4 more) will be too much to handle.

fch

Once I have the fido SIM card, how do I go about activating it on fido prepaid?. The minimum prepaid activation is $15.75/month. I would appreciate if you can provide more details...

mohammedessam
@fch
Follow my suggestion above and you will be able to port your number yourself
It will cost you $5 to get a fido sim card off kijiji
Then transfer your number to PM from fido
If you want a bell sim card, i have an extra one i can send you the number, all you have to do is port your koodo prepaid number to bell, then call bell and obtain your account number then start the port yourself
If you want the bell sim card it will not cost you anything

fch

Today is DAY#6 and still waiting for response from Public Mobile Mods.  The support request ticket number is #4559-1484.

fch

Hi Mods, @Shazia_K@Mary_M@Caroline_D@Saray_O

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in porting over Koodo PrePaid number to Public Mobile Temp Number. I have already sent private message's last Thursday and email (from Contact us) but no response. The support request ticket number is #4559-1484.

As PM service is not that useful unless the number is ported over and I can't port over the number in self-serve as  it gives an error asking me to contact Public Mobile.

Hopefully (fingers crossed), porting will happen soon...

clavije

hi

according to the part wher they ask you if you want to port or a new number, very clearly stated that if you are a koodo or PC mobile customer get a new number and after ask a mod to port your number

mohammedessam
Other option will cost you $ but will be faster
Buy a bell or fido sim card and transfer your number from koodo to either one of them as a prepaid number then port that number to PM.
It will cost you but you are guranteed
If you signup with fido, don't load money into the account, select pay per minute and it will only cost you $10 for the sim card

hirondelle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the same boat. I just sent a PM to the mods and I will be patiently waiting for a port. Good luck to all 🙂

Thanks especially to Luddite for explaining why a prepaid port takes longer than a postpaid from the same company.

Two suggestions:

- keep using your Koodo SIM until it stops working

- buy the cheapest Koodo prepaid plan you can tolerate to maintain an actove account

Pay attention to these points:

- if coming from Koodo do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

Wait paitiently; apparently Koodo prepaids are extemely tricky to transfer and actually involve PM terminating your Koodo account just before transferring it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

riversday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately you have to wait. I came over from Koodo prepaid as well and had to get one of the mods to complete the porting process for me. I believe in the announcement earlier today was that they will honour the plan as long as you were contacting the mods before Nov 20th.

pizza

Hey!

I also have a Koodo prepaid number that I want to have ported, and I first contacted the mods last Friday and have heard nothing since. My bill is due tomorrow and I'm pretty upset that I'll likely have to pay for another month before my number was able to be ported. 😞

So, if they can help you, I also hope that they can help me before tomorrow 😞 @Shazia_K (tagging here so the mods see your message too!)

Best of luck to you!

Need Help? Let's chat.