cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA

Jamesbenoit99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an issue with my data.

It says I have used it all and have two weeks until my renewal period.

I keep my phone in airplane mode most of the time and use wifi.

Why is my data getting used up.

8 REPLIES 8

Jamesbenoit99

Using a computer.

Jamesbenoit99

Yes, I'm an iphone user. I went back through usage and when I added it all up it says i used 3.257 of 15 gb but it says i am out of data. It is very weird. It has happened two months in a row.  

@Jamesbenoit99 you didn't use the data late at night

PM does not update the data usage constantly.  In fact, it only update it twice a day.  So, any entry you see is just a total usage between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry.  So, your morning usage use see does not mean it was used in the morning but a total usage for the last 12 hours.

Also, for correct usage reading, always use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid reading cached old info

Amd make sure you start counting data usage from the correct cycle start date.  PM runs on 30 days cycle and hence cycle start date keeps changing

and you are iPhone user?? 

Jamesbenoit99

Hi. Yes I went through all Ihe past month it adds up to 6gb but it says I have used all of my 15 gb of data.  It also says I use it late at night when Im on wifi

Jamesbenoit99

Wifi assist is turned off. On my plan I have 15 gb of data but when I checked my months usage it was 6gb.

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you using an iPhone? There's that setting to look for called wifi assist. Make sure it's turned off. It can use your data to supplement your connection even when connected to wifi.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jamesbenoit99   login to My Account, check the Usage history page and see if any significant usage earlier

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/usage-details

and if you have an Android phone, check the Data usage page, change the start cycle date to match your PM cycle date:

E-MobileData.png

Need Help? Let's chat.