cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA TRANSFER

Rondrake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HAVE AN S5 GALAXY WITH BROKEN SCREEN, NEED TO TRANSFER EVERYTHING TO MY NEW GALAXY S9. HOW CAN I DO THIS. PLEASE ADVISE 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rondrake wrote:

HAVE AN S5 GALAXY WITH BROKEN SCREEN, NEED TO TRANSFER EVERYTHING TO MY NEW GALAXY S9. HOW CAN I DO THIS. PLEASE ADVISE 

@Rondrake 

The SIM card is connected to your Public Mobile account and phone number.

The S5 is a micro SIM, the S9 takes a nano SIM.

So when you remove the SIM from the S5 gently snap out the outer adapter to fit the nano SIM slot in the S9.

If you have a really old SIM card, a cell shop can cut it down to nano size for you for a small fee (maybe $5-10, or free if you are a smooth talker).

In addition to this, if you have saved all your data on your SIM card than all that data will be on your S9 when you move the card over.

But, if there is some data saved on the device itself, than see @Dunkman's post to transfer data.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rondrake 

If your cracked screen on the Samsung S5 is still working.

Download the Samsung Smart Switch app on both phones then transfer your data via wireless or through your charging cable.

There should be an USB adapter for you to connect through the charging cable.

Also remember to click on Sending on the S5 and Receiving on S9.

Easy peasy.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rondrake   

Is your broken S5 screeen still "readable" or the touch screen still functioning?

Best and quickest option is to use the cable to transfer.  Use the USB adapter that comes with the S9 and the cable.  Download Samsung Device Transfer on BOTH device and link them with the cable/adapter, fire up the app and follow the steps

Need Help? Let's chat.