cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support

Rosa1975
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up on Oct 21st and opted to purchase a sim card. I was charged for the sim card as well as 3 months of prepaid service. I was told I would have the sim card by Oct 31st. As of yesterday I had not received it and purchased one myself. I have activated the account and am looking for a credit for the sim card I purchased and paid for through you, a credit from Oct 21st to yesterday and compensation for the second sim card I had to purchase.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Then you will need to advise the prior mobile provider who is holding the number to approve a verbal port request since you cannot respond yes to the port authorization text on that SIM card.

Alternatively, your prior provider may require you to purchase another SIM card such that you can receive the port authorization request.

EITHER WAY, THE PRIOR SERVICE ACCOUNT NEEDS TO BE ACTIVE FOR THE NUMBER TO BE PORTED OUT.

Robbie_B

Can someone help me with number porting? I lost my previous service provider's SIM.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

It all depends on the fulfillment centre for your region. The one that apparently fulfills for the west (assuming at least bc, alberta and saskatchewan) located on Aero Dr in Calgary shipped via canada post is pretty consistent at between 5 and 10 business days.

Maybe we should start tracking late or missing Sim card orders by location? We could probably narrow down the likely culprit responsible for the majority of the MIA SIMS.

That’s completely erroneous for them to offer @Rosa1975 

their fulfilment of SIM card delivery is well known to take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks.

A simple search of a common posted thread around here sees many customers waiting 3+ weeks for their SIM card.

I agree, it’s too long.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Rosa1975 

Contact customer support and ask for a credit equal to the cost of the Sim card you purchased at a retail location. This will put you back at parity with a Sim card at the price you paid ($5?) to order it from pm. 

While you prepaid for your plan subscription your actual 90 day plan cycle did not start until you activated the Sim card. So no real compensation is due as you have not lost any services....just has to wait fruitlessly only to have to go purchase the Sim card in person anyways.

Use the link above to send a private message to customer support. If you forgot to add your friend's referral code when activating for your $10 bonus referral credit you can also ask the CSA to apply it to your account now as well.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Rosa1975

When I opted to have Public Mobile supply the sim card, it stated that I would receive it by the 31st.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Who told you, “… would have the sim card by Oct 31st.” @Rosa1975 

just curious?

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

SIM cards ordered directly from PM can unfortunately take up to 3 weeks to be delivered.

You can also address this to a CS Agent at the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rosa1975 

Sim card delivery from PM online could be as many as 3 weeks

However, since it has been over 10 business days, you can open ticket with PM support to confirm if they got the order and if the sim card is on the way.  They might offer to resend you another one or ask you to buy one form local Telus/Koodo/MobileKlink store and reimburse you the extra cost

Please open ticket by private message CS agent here:
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.