cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service: The app tells me to contact customer service but can't get any help.

J_Bo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HELP! I'm trying to set up a new service with Public. I entered my SIM and followed the steps but something went wrong. The app tells me to contact customer service, but when I try to, both the app and my laptop login keep sending me in a circle. AND, if I try to start a CHAT with operating hours, the CHAT tells me that I've been disconnect, try again later. Absolutely ridiculous!

Does anyone have any insight on how to actually get customer service? Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

@Handy1  Doing a search I found this from @computergeek541

"Phone numbers from suspended (not closed) Public Mobile accounts can be ported to Koodo Mobile or Telus Mobility. The plan needs to be active to port out to anywhere else."

If that's still the case then the answer is kind of in between, and since @AmyJo is going to Fido/Rogers the account does need to be active and not just suspended.  As pointed out in an earlier thread, if the account is suspended it won't be able to receive the port authorization text, which apparently doesn't matter for transfers "in house".

Definitely resume suspended account with in 90 days but it’s my thought it needs to be “active “ make calls send texts to port . But now I’m not certain lol

@Handy1   I don't know for sure, but if you can resume a suspended account with the same number it seems logical that the number would still be held for as long as an account can be suspended without being lost.  I suppose it depends on what is meant by "active"?   As you say, some clarity on that would be helpful.

@Phil_Adelphus  That’s interesting . I always thought the account needs to be active to port . So if you can port while suspended that’s great to known. Some clarity on that would be appreciated. 

@AmyJo "I was told those numbers are available for 60 days" .  My understanding is that you can still port out while the account is suspended for non-payment (90 days) but once it is finally cancelled then the account is closed and the numbers are gone.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited to say I'm partly wrong as it seems that only applies when transferring within the Telus companies but not outside of that.

AmyJo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. They never worked. Only a few people could text and call all that time. Can't receive texts from eversafe so cannot do anything with the account. I appreciate your efforts but I have now given up and will take the $150 monthly service fees (3 accts) as a loss and a tough lesson, but fuel for lots of PM social media reviews.

AmyJo

Thanks for the reminder Phil. I was told those numbers are available for 60 days, so if we get them back great, if not then if was time for new numbers and they aren't half bad. Thanks to Fido and Rogers! Thumbs down on Pub-lickPo-bile. 

@AmyJo  "I appreciate your help then. PM has done ZERO to contact, help or otherwise."

Unfortunately the chatbot/ticket system has been broken since earlier this year so the only way to contact customer service is by private message.  The customer service agents are not typically on this forum, only customers like us are here for the most part.  We might have been able to help more if you had started your own thread instead of posting on someone else's which, in this case, has been marked as solved by the OP so may be overlooked.

@AmyJo   " and wait to port our numbers over once PublicMess mobility ends our service because of non-payment"

Remember that your PM account must still be active in order to port out your numbers.  If your PM account is closed before you port then your numbers are lost.

@AmyJo @When you joined PM do you use the APP to activate and not the website . All activation need the app . If you did . All you can do submit ticket and wait for reply 

add @AmyJo  so you has some services working at one point have you tried to reboot the phone or reset network settings @AmyJo 

AmyJo

I appreciate your help then. PM has done ZERO to contact, help or otherwise.

AmyJo

I have done that Handy1. I get NO support or answers or any sort of communication except from your private message. But still no answers, no VMs, no incoming calls, no text messages. 

AmyJo

Really!? They do that? That has not been my experience.

@AmyJo  Also I’m just a customer like you trying to help . I don’t work for PM 

AmyJo

J_Bo, it will NOT solve your issue. No response from "ticket" comm, I called Telus, they cannot help, and no one answers but this Handy1 who so far has not given ANY answers or support. We switched carriers after 2 weeks of me daily trying to find help and also NOT being able to get phone calls, VMs, nor get/send texts. Unfortunately, we have temp numbers with the new carrier, have to cancel our payment methods and get new CC's, and wait to port our numbers over once PublicMess mobility ends our service because of non-payment. I cannot even log into my account to cancel like a normal, responsible person would do. Total waste of $150 and 2 weeks time for 3 lines. Give up while you can!

@AmyJo @Check the community in box for their reply or use this link to it . If no reply submit another ticket 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

AmyJo

I have submitted tickets and have not received any help other than you emailing me without a solution to two of my account not working and cannot get into our actual accounts because we cannot receive calls or texts. Well, from other than 2 people!

AmyJo

this is the WORST service/business I have ever dealt with in mylife. I have spent HOURS upon HOURS trying to resolve the service and account issues. We are expecting our first grandchild any day AND WE CANNOT EVEN COMMUNICATE WITH OUR DAUGHTER!

@AmyJo  You. An he’s this link also to submit ticket 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

AmyJo

Having all the same issues. I cannot figure out a way to contact them. I did get the service working except texting did not work to SOME of my contacts for a week. I also created a ticket a week ago and never heard back.

J_Bo

Thanks for reply. But the ticket and customer service is not working. I've been going around in circles. But I sent a private message. Let's see if that resolves the issue. Cheers.

J_Bo

Thanks for reply. Yes, very unfortunate. The whole customer service is not functioning. This is my first experience with Public Mobile and it's not a good one. I'm already reconsidering this service.

J_Bo

Thank you.

Someone_else

Hi there, 

You can fill out a ticket, and a customer service agent will reply and help you with the issue.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@J_Bo   You can reach customer service via this link.  An agent will reply to your community inbox envelope icon top right or click your avatar for Messages

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

The chatbot/ticketing system is unfortunately broken hence the need to use the private messages system

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@J_Bo  This link will get you to support

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Need Help? Let's chat.