cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Agent Clau does not treat customers right.

Fatfin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For context, I submitted a ticket requesting to get my 250GB of data for 150 days promo back because I did not know that changing my plan would get rid of the bonus data. I hear back from clau telling me he can provide me with $15 reimbursement for the plan but cannot give back the 250GB of data (Screenshot 1). I tell him that this is not what I asked for as my initial request was to get the 250GB data back. and then his reply (Screenshot 2) felt threatening and gave me no other choice but to accept his $15 reimbursement but not get anything else. As a loyal customer with public for over 5 years, I do not appreciate being given an ultimatum and thus I will be leaving public after this month. 

Screenshot 1: 

Fatfin_2-1712695663417.png

Screenshot 2:

Fatfin_0-1712695483373.png

12 REPLIES 12

Fatfin

I am writing to file a formal complaint against Public Mobile regarding their recent changes to their loyalty program and the handling of bonus data offers. I believe these actions have been deceptive and unfair to consumers like myself.

Public Mobile recently transitioned their loyalty program to a points-based system, and as part of this transition, they offered a bonus data promotion for 150 days at no additional cost. However, there was a crucial detail buried in the fine print that was not adequately communicated: if a customer downgrades their current plan, the bonus data would not be honored.

Regrettably, I unknowingly downgraded my plan and subsequently lost access to the bonus data. When I contacted customer service to seek compensation for this oversight, they initially agreed to provide a $15 credit to my account as a resolution. Relieved by this gesture, I accepted the offer.

However, to my dismay, Public Mobile later reneged on their agreement to honor the $15 credit. This sudden change further exacerbates the frustration and dissatisfaction I have experienced throughout this ordeal.

I find Public Mobile's actions to be misleading, deceptive, and ultimately harmful to their customers. By failing to clearly communicate the terms and conditions of their promotions and then retracting promised compensation, they have demonstrated a lack of integrity and respect for their patrons.

As a consumer, I expect transparency, fairness, and accountability from the companies I engage with. Public Mobile has failed to meet these expectations.

I have reported this to CCTS.

Screenshot 1: 

Fatfin_0-1712726414109.png

Screenshot 2: going back on their word

Fatfin_1-1712726423550.png

@Fatfin 

they offered you $15 in place of the lost Bonus data ? You should take it. The fine print of the Bonus data says it's forfeited if you change to a lower plan value.

Fatfin

Fatfin_0-1712725426817.png

Fatfin_1-1712725462123.png

Fatfin

update: I accepted the message and this was Clau's reply. I don't understand what is wrong with Customer service's attitude. I can't wait to leave public as soon as the month ends.

Fatfin_0-1712708584322.png

@Fatfin wrote:

I only received the text message which never stated this exception. Additionally, when I downgraded my plan there was no notification that mentioned this. Otherwise I would have kept my plan since it was a good plan. 

There is a LOT a LOT to be desired from PM.

PM should definitely have a warning if you downgrade your plan you will lose some benefits. Even if you did receive a note or found out from Community plan change might cause some lose of benefit PM should have waring page before you press OK - 'ARE YOU SURE as you will lose this and that'.

Now it is too late so take $15; at least something.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Fatfin  Yes that’s unfortunate, I for one didn’t get a email or text . Just had the data added to my account the only reason I knew that downgrading would result in losing the bonus data add on . Is I’ve spent so much time in community reading others posts . But I’m sure PM banked on the fact many would not be aware of this caveat . After taking away legacy rewards give you want seems like a gift with strings attached . Hoping you didn’t know and downgrade plans naturally thinking hey why not I have this extras data gift to only take it away from you and double whammy you become a 2x loser . So sad , I’m sorry you have to deal with this 

Fatfin

I only received the text message which never stated this exception. Additionally, when I downgraded my plan there was no notification that mentioned this. Otherwise I would have kept my plan since it was a good plan. 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 I only know and can only relay what info I was sent by PM.  If PM was inconsistent with comms they sent out then indeed they should compensate for that.  By being inconsistent they're only making things harder for themselves, causing undo frustration for customers and showing that their comms folks are  incompetent. 

@pmbc wrote:

@Fatfin  Did you change to a lower value plan?  In my notification it did advise that the "bonus" data would expire if you change to a lower value or incompatible plan.  

They probably could have been a little nicer about it, but they were under no obligation to give you the $15 credit.  

PM small print.png

I beg to differ that customers were notified of the condition about not being able to downgrade plans.  Customers were supposed to receive a text message and e-mail message advising them of that condition.  While I do know about the condition as per communication from Public Mobile direclty to Oracles, as a customer, I was never directly informed of such a condition.  While I received a text message saying that the I received a free add-on, the text message and e-mail explaining what the add-on was really for and about the condition of downgrading price plans causing loss of such add-on was never sent to me (and wasn't sent to some others either).

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Fatfin wrote:

For context, I submitted a ticket requesting to get my 250GB of data for 150 days promo back because I did not know that changing my plan would get rid of the bonus data.

I am sorry but being ignorant of a rules which were CLEARLY stated when PM removed $ rewards replacing everybody with points is NOT an excuse.

You cannot go to England and start driving like in Canada claiming you did NOT know they drive on opposite sides of the road.

I find agent's response more than fair; you were offered some money while many customers did not get anything at all.

Just searching through Community you would find about zillion posts explaining what will happen with loyalty bonus data. You downgrade - you lose them.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Fatfin  Did you change to a lower value plan?  In my notification it did advise that the "bonus" data would expire if you change to a lower value or incompatible plan.  

They probably could have been a little nicer about it, but they were under no obligation to give you the $15 credit.  

PM small print.png

Fatfin
Need Help? Let's chat.