cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Referral Code.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I seen someone share a picture of the old Rewards System, how it shows the leg of Referrals unlike the new point system.

I just noticed at the bottom it says 'Get your personalized Referral code below'! What? On the old system you can make a custom Friend Referral code or how does that work?

If I made a new Account could I contact CSA to have my Friend Referral Code set as something easy to remember for me?

SmartSelect_20230718_023339_DuckDuckGo.jpg

17 REPLIES 17

There are about 1.4 billion permutations of the 6 characters from 0-9, a-z. They don't need to worry about having started at 1. It's not sequential to the ascii table either but that would be 000000. Maybe they might even edit out actual words. Just the letters is about 166 million permutations. How many meaningful 2-6 letter words are there in presumably English and French?

The account number however does appear to be sequential (after the first 1 and all the 0's). Maybe with all your back to back sign ups you could verify that. For curiosity what are we up to now? 3 million or so?

Priority

Look at this post from long back, it appears they put X 5 times to indicate maybe referral codes were only 5 characters long as of that time?

Priority

I'll keep the SIM Holder and next time I do a Referral I'll see if it's a valid code. I won't use it, I will still use my own but I'll just check to see if it's valid or not. 

@Priority wrote:

5 on the SIM Card from eBay as well, that's why I was wondering if some accounts have 5 characters.. only accounts I've ever seen always have 6 though. 

The one from eBay may be fake.

Priority

5 on the SIM Card from eBay as well, that's why I was wondering if some accounts have 5 characters.. only accounts I've ever seen always have 6 though. 

@Priority wrote:

So no one out there would have one that is 5 Characters long? Someone would have just made a mistake posting that?

You post a eBay sim card couple minutes ago, so is it 5 or 6?

@Priority wrote:

Are all Friend Referral Codes 6 Numbers/Letters long, or is there also some with 5 from older Accounts?

I seen someone share their code on Reddit and it was only 5 long, when mine is 6 and every new Account I Activate is always 6 as well.

My is 6 Numbers/Letters long and I have been with PM for 4 years now.

Priority

So no one out there would have one that is 5 Characters long? Someone would have just made a mistake posting that?

They are all 6 characters long.

Priority

Are all Friend Referral Codes 6 Numbers/Letters long, or is there also some with 5 from older Accounts?

I seen someone share their code on Reddit and it was only 5 long, when mine is 6 and every new Account I Activate is always 6 as well.

What do you mean "easy + memorable". Do you mean after sign up and you get a referral code to be able to use in the future, you wonder if there's a way to guess what it might be before signing up?

@Priority  Don’t think time a day would matter it’s more like a insta pic lotto number generated 

@Priority wrote:

I am making a new Public Mobile Account in the next few days to finally port in my personal line from Bell, and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of what might be the best time of day to make it so I can get an easy + memorable Friend Referral Code from the Automatic System that generates it.

If the time doesn't matter at all, that's totally fine I just figured it was worth asking since I have a few days before creating the account yet. I'm going to get the Visa Card for Activation tonight, since I unfortunately cannot use a Payment Voucher. 

There is no best time to oepn a new account and to get a good referral code.

Priority

I am making a new Public Mobile Account in the next few days to finally port in my personal line from Bell, and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of what might be the best time of day to make it so I can get an easy + memorable Friend Referral Code from the Automatic System that generates it.

If the time doesn't matter at all, that's totally fine I just figured it was worth asking since I have a few days before creating the account yet. I'm going to get the Visa Card for Activation tonight, since I unfortunately cannot use a Payment Voucher. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Priority personalized just means you are the only one that has it.  You can't make one up

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Priority wrote:

I just noticed at the bottom it says 'Get your personalized Referral code below'! What? On the old system you can make a custom Friend Referral code or how does that work?

There has never been an option for that.  The part about getting your referral code is only to show you the codee, not to make a new one.  Also, the code cannot be changed.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Priority 

The referral code are all randomly generated.

Need Help? Let's chat.